No announcement yet.

Wow, these S2s are strong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certainly sounds plausible... I guess another trip to the garage .

After I have that sorted I will need to replace both front wings... The small bubbles I remember have turned nasty.. .

Comment

Front wings - any recommended body shops?

I certainly don't have the skill, space or time to replace my front wings....

Although I have a few mechanical problems, the car is running great - I'm enjoying the noise! However the car looks very tired - especially the front wings. Can anyone recommend a good body shop near Tring?

Comment

Wings

Wings are easy to replace
        Have a go, you ll be glad of the accomplishment when you be done them
        Once bumper is off there are only a few bolts and a couple of torqx heads to get at at the bottom of the wing
        Next time I take some off I'll do photos (I have some already off that came with a car, so can't show them!)

Comment

Wow, these S2s are strong!

There's only one potential problem bolt which goes into a captive nut which can spin. It's around the middle of the row of bolts along the top where the bonnet closes, has a bigger head than the rest. Getting the bumper off can be a pain if it hadn't been off for a few years, soak all the bolts in plus gas for a couple of days.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

True.
            Good set of mole grips or jam a screw driver in to stop it spinning

Comment

Wings

ok - you have me convinced to have a go. I guess nothing ventured etc. where would you recomend I look for replacement wings? Are they still making them? I had the bumper off ~ 5 years ago... Hopefully nothing has seized up.

I'll get the suspension sorted first anyhow... once I'm properly back on the road I'm sure the enthusiasm will take over.

Comment

Copper grease everything on reassembly.

Comment

List of things to do

Now that the car is running smoothly and my enthusiasm restored. This is my list:
                  1. New tyres & balance - done
                  2. Fit new Bluetooth radio so the missus can call me when I'm out playing - done
                  3. Swap front suspension - parts on order
                  4. Replace drive door catch - popped open on me while moving (not a pleasant experience) part on order
                  5. Replace both front wings - still looking
                  6. Get rid of the 'old car smell' Mould has gone, but still unpleasant
                  7. Consider touch up/respray to return from pink to red . Noticed a bubble on rear wings as well
                  8. Work out why my plasma dash has stopped lighting up.

Comment

Originally posted by ujimaflip View Post
                    Can anyone recommend a good body shop near Tring?
                    Go see Ish at quattro coachworks near Luton
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                    X