Loss of RS2 to water, Gutted being the understatement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 90/90qs View Post
    What if the front bumper just fell off due to rusted hardware leaving all of the lighting intact?
    What front bumper? that was washed away in the flood...
    1998 A6 Q (Suzie)
    2 x B4 80's both 1993 (Heather & Hazel)
    1995 A4 1.6 (Heather II)
    1999 A6 Avant 2.4 (Bollie)
    2001 S6 Avant 4.2 (Rio)
    1995 80 Cabrio 2.6 (Gracie)
    2013 Q7 Flooded & gone
    1995 RS2 2.2 Flooded & gone

Comment

• I hope it's still floating west hehe
      http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/minipitt1/

Comment

• Originally posted by fourwh33ldriv3 View Post
        I think the poo would be such tiny particles and in fine powder form, but not going to argue with them now, it's what I pad for her and as someone has mentioned it's better than some of the quotes they've either had themselves or friends have had.

Yeah I don't think contamination was an issue with your car anyway looking at the photo's, it must be heart breaking for you but at least you're getting your money back.

Really sorry that it's come to this.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Too bad. Sad to hear.
          Another one bites the dust
          00 S8
          94 RS2
          94 80 Competition
          88 urquattro 20vt

Comment

• Well that's it folks, the time has come and struck a settlement deal with the devil...I mean the insurance company. She is to be picked up next week sometime just have to call the breakers to arrange a time...

Thank you all for you're kind words and thoughts, much as I'd have loved to keep her just seeing her in the state she is in just makes it worse so another one I'm afraid bites the dust.

I've had a lot of people interested in her, but we all know that no-one is going to pay out what the insurance offered me for a flooded car...unless you were a millionaire.

I offered her only to you all on here as this is where she has been for many years and this is where she belonged and was most admired and fully appreciated.

Very sad to be seeing her go. I will of course be offline for a while as have some important business to attend to (teaching eldest daughter to drive)...

Thank you all again for you're support and encouragement over the past few trying months, and over the short time we owned her.

1998 A6 Q (Suzie)
            1995 A4 1.6 (Heather II)
            2001 S6 Avant 4.2 (Rio)
            2013 Q7 Flooded & gone

Comment

• Loss of RS2 to water

Gutted for you like you say at least they paid you.

Comment

Well that's it folks, the time has come and struck a settlement deal with the devil...I mean the insurance company. She is to be picked up next week sometime just have to call the breakers to arrange a time...

Thank you all for you're kind words and thoughts, much as I'd have loved to keep her just seeing her in the state she is in just makes it worse so another one I'm afraid bites the dust.

I've had a lot of people interested in her, but we all know that no-one is going to pay out what the insurance offered me for a flooded car...unless you were a millionaire.

I offered her only to you all on here as this is where she has been for many years and this is where she belonged and was most admired and fully appreciated.

Very sad to be seeing her go. I will of course be offline for a while as have some important business to attend to (teaching eldest daughter to drive)...

Thank you all again for you're support and encouragement over the past few trying months, and over the short time we owned her.

I personally would not want to be there when they pick it up. Always a little emotional when seeing your P&J go off in the distance

If you have to be, you could ask for a momento for from the car, namely your grill rings/mounting base off the front

You could embellish this with a rs2 badge to give more credibility...

Comment

• sad... but at least you have some cash to be able to think forward towards the autumn Scotland road trip

btw: would they have done the same if it were an E-type?

Comment

• Well that's the beast on her merry old way to the Autobahn in the sky.....
                    1998 A6 Q (Suzie)
                    1995 A4 1.6 (Heather II)
                    2001 S6 Avant 4.2 (Rio)
                    2013 Q7 Flooded & gone

Comment

Well that's the beast on her merry old way to the Autobahn in the sky.....
                      Picked up/gone today...

Comment

• This is the saddest car news I've ever heard of on this forum. Blasted ignorant laws
                        Cheers mis amigos,
                        _Anton

Comment

Very sad.

The lesson that I've learned from this story is that if you love your car more than money and it gets damaged, it might be best to just fix it without the interference of the insurance company. Once they get involved, they have no emotional ties to the vehicle and will kill it as necessary to protect their financial and legal risk aversion tendencies.

That RS2 was salvageable and the real risk of biological and/or electrical failures was probably very low. The insurance company, however, saw the risk as > 0.00% probability and that was too much for them.
                          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

the Autobahn in the sky.....
                            ..and their address is???!

Comment

Sad day.....

.....But the best outcome in the circumstances Mike, maybe see you next week?

Comment

Working...
                              X