I resemble that remark!
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      Stunning! Who did the paint?
      Looking forward to seeing some more pics once you’ve had time to detail it
      Cheers Alex, i don't know the name of the painter but it was done through a contact of Kullys.
      Will get some pics done once detailed and new front indicators added etc etc.

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
        looking forward to seeing it IRL

That would mean an epic trip for both of us.
        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Looks stunning

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
            Looks stunning
            Hey hey Thanks mate.
            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• A couple for now.

It's been washed for the first time today and i've detailed the black bit's as they desperately needed it which has thrown up a couple things that need rectifying. The car still needs a good detail in that the paint needs some fine polishing to remove swirls that showed up when the sun came out. I'll need 2 whole perfect days to apply some 3M Finesse-it then some 3M Ultrafina SE followed by a sealant and wax which i'm looking forward to doing if the weather plays ball.

fullsizeoutput_11d7_zpsf9p6ucfs.jpeg?t=1523661854?852.jpgfullsizeoutput_11d8_zpsyogyms4y.jpeg?t=1523661854?568.jpg

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• I know it's your car, but.........

If it was me I'd definitely leave all the badges off the boot.

Refresh the black powder coat on the exhaust tips, and maybe respray the towbar a darker shade of anthracite so as it is not quite so 'bright'.

Notwithstanding any of the above, it obviously looks fabulous.

Enjoy, won't be hard.

Comment

• Thanks David, always appreciate good ideas, was just thinking the same thing about the exhaust tips and thanks for the idea on darker shade of anthracite for the tow bar! I'm going to take you up on that as the tow bar is standing out like a sore thumb, great idea!

David, could you by any chance measure carefully your S6 rear badge and the 4 rings please? i'm keeping her standard looks wise.
                  94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Looking absolutely fab. Must be well chuffed driving it and turning heads while doing so.
                    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post

David, could you by any chance measure carefully your S6 rear badge and the 4 rings please? i'm keeping her standard looks wise.
                      Hi VdT, very sorry, all six of my S cars have their rings and badges removed from their rears and all of their respective front badges removed.

Others should be able to make you a paper template and post it to you.

Comment

A couple for now.

It's been washed for the first time today and i've detailed the black bit's as they desperately needed it which has thrown up a couple things that need rectifying. The car still needs a good detail in that the paint needs some fine polishing to remove swirls that showed up when the sun came out. I'll need 2 whole perfect days to apply some 3M Finesse-it then some 3M Ultrafina SE followed by a sealant and wax which i'm looking forward to doing if the weather plays ball.

fullsizeoutput_11d7_zpsf9p6ucfs.jpeg?t=1523661854?852.jpgfullsizeoutput_11d8_zpsyogyms4y.jpeg?t=1523661854?568.jpg

WOW!!! Looks amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by jogi730 View Post
                          Looking absolutely fab. Must be well chuffed driving it and turning heads while doing so.

Cheers Jogi getting there. Yes well chuffed with it, sometimes i can't believe it's mine and my enthusiasm is really strong to get the rest of the car sorted the way i want it.

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

WOW!!! Looks amazing
                          Cheers Anthony, it seams there's quite a few of us now who are showing the love to our cars and i'm sure you'll agree it's so satisfying as you'll know with your car.
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post

Others should be able to make you a paper template and post it to you.

I very much hope so.

94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Cheers Jogi getting there. Yes well chuffed with it, sometimes i can't believe it's mine and my enthusiasm is really strong to get the rest of the car sorted the way i want it.

Cheers Anthony, it seams there's quite a few of us now who are showing the love to our cars and i'm sure you'll agree it's so satisfying as you'll know with your car.
                              Yes indeed I think its because our cars are pretty unique and they do get a bit of attention from admirers who know there cars!!! Just a couple of weekends ago I parked up to get a sandwich and a couple shouted me over and they were amazed by my S2 asking questions and asking how it stays so clean and looking good and I replied cause am sad and insist on the car looking good most of the time and takes as you know alot of money time and effort in maintaining!! They were also gobsmacked when i said I had the car for 18 years lol!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

Yes indeed I think its because our cars are pretty unique and they do get a bit of attention from admirers who know there cars!!! Just a couple of weekends ago I parked up to get a sandwich and a couple shouted me over and they were amazed by my S2 asking questions and asking how it stays so clean and looking good and I replied cause am sad and insist on the car looking good most of the time and takes as you know alot of money time and effort in maintaining!! They were also gobsmacked when i said I had the car for 18 years lol!!!
                                All Credit to you Anthony, there's very few that would keep a car that long, you should be proud of that and it shows real commitment and joy of ownership! I've seen from your thread that if something requires replacement you certainly don't muck about so all credit to you. I think the old adage is true you only get out of life what you put in and that applies to our cars too. And yes these are pretty unique cars and well worth saving Anthony.
                                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X