RS2 Wastegate Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Wastegate Question

I am having my RS2 engine completely rebuilt and (David) who is rebuilding my engine said we should get the wastegate checked out/overhauled or replaced baring in mind it is probably 22 years old and never been touched.

I am planning on getting the engine up to about 450bhp in time questions are:

Q1. Do wastegates go wrong?
    Q2. Will the standard wastegate be good enough for 450bhp?
    Q3. Does any one know who can overhaul my wastegate?
    Q4. If standard wastegate is not up to the job then where can a buy a newone from

Some pictures of my wastegate

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

I have used the following companies for refurbishment of the WF.

http://www.turbocenter.se/
    Efiexpress.com

I'm aiming at the same amount of power and as far as my research goes then stock Wg will be fine.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

AFAIK the WG valve, guide and membrane are the parts which go wrong. The valve & guide wears off in time and starts to have play. Haven't heard anything besides that.

Comment

Thats correct, the membrane is the most frequent thing that fails, and over the amount of years the wastegates have been running now most of them have wear on the valve and guide, not to hard to understand when the valve and guide is un lubed.

The valve itself is quite bad in flowing aspect with its flat design. I am also about to refurbish my wastegate, anyone knowing where i could get parts to do this myself?

Comment

new wastegate membrane for sale

http://www.ebay.de/itm/orig-Audi-S2-...IAAOSwTA9X2DRs
          audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
          TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
          AEM W/M injection

Comment

Working...
          X