2.6 Audi Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klobsters View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there is no such thing as face-lift (airbag) panel for RHD B4s. And the new door cards would look out of place without one.
    Did it not come for RHD ones? I didn't know that. ok well thanks for enlightening me!

Slacky,

Thanks

Comment

Little update on my car. I guess the old girl decided to take weekend off because its working perfectly fine now
      Camshaft sensor didn't arrive yesterday, but i don't think i will be changing it just now as it is working fine.

Comment

Car looks good, liking the Azevs'.....not many aftermarket wheels look good in my opinion, these do.

Comment

Thank you, I really like them as well. Would like them to be 17's rather than 16's but thats the only option i could find at the time. Happy with overall package anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Finner View Post

Is there an issue with the driver's side rear tail-light ?

( Reversing light section ).

Comment

That's an earlier lamp, wrong part number, the later ones are as per the LH side, with a red flush to them.

They stopped the older style in '91, I believe.

Comment

Was the engine hot when the starting issues occurred?

Comment

macspring,

I got these tail lights after the crash for a fiver but they were all tinted black. I believe when i was sanding the tint down, the red lines came off as well.

Bowie69,

Isn't the earlier lights (B3) yellow without red lines? this might seem like they are yellow from the picture, however I believe they are correct B4 lights.

Dynasty,

No, only happened when it was cold ( works perfectly fine for 2 days now ) fingers crossed it will stay like this

Comment

[QUOTE=Klobsters;940900]Just to point out - you have B3 front indicators fitted that don't really match the B4 fog lights and the V6 bumper.

Sorry all B3 indicators are orange not clear, all UK early B4's (92/early 93) came with the B3 style orange indicators or I'm missunderstanding this comment ?

Comment

The leather seats seem to be either slightly wider or less worn than my previous ones because when I lower them all the way to the floor ( I do prefer to sit as low as possible ), the side bolster rub against the centre console. Does anyone experience this as well? have you done anything to reduce the squeakiness or do you just drive with slightly higher seating position?

Quattrodave,
                      I don't know which one is supposed to be UK spec.

Comment

Yesterday after work the weather was excellent, however it might have been a bit too much for the car. Windows stopped working, inside of the car was a sauna. Read some posts here and apparently there is a thermal fuse for the windows which was tripped. Tried the windows in the evening and all works perfectly!

Someone offered me Girling G60 calipers with 4 stud brake discs and pads, lightly worn for 125,- . Would you guys say it is a worthy upgrade over the normal single piston calipers that come on the V6?

Comment

Originally posted by Finner View Post

Someone offered me Girling G60 calipers with 4 stud brake discs and pads, lightly worn for 125,- . Would you guys say it is a worthy upgrade over the normal single piston calipers that come on the V6?

Cars looking good. Yes G60's are a very good upgrade over the standard 2.6 single piston calliper. I had a similar problem with our first 2.6 avant more than ten years ago now where it got harder to start when hot. It turned out to be the common failure of the camshaft position sensor on the right hand bank.Once replaced with a new Audi updated part number it was perfect after that.
                          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                          96 URS6 plus speck estate
                          94 2.6 80 Avant
                          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Vorsprung durch Technik,

Thank you.
                            Unfortunately the person selling the Girling G60 was not trust worthy and didnt want to sell them, so in the end i did not get the calipers, but not too worried about it and i am sure opportunity will come again. (not actively searching for a set as the current brakes are about 1 year old and have loads of meat left)

The problem with no start occured to me today again. In the evening I set off to a restaurant to eat and was happy coming back with the food to go home and enjoy the dinner, however the car just wouldn't start again.
                            Tried to start it 15 odd times, long cranks and short bursts but nothing helped. By that time i already had the camshaft position sensor, but it was at home. Luckily home was just 2 miles away, so i walked back, grabbed some tools and the sensor, walked back to the car, changed the sensor and it fired back to life

So i was really happy and drove home, tried to start it and the car starts just fine!

Pictures of the old vs new sensor:

Comment

Just a quick update for those that might be having similar problem.

The sensor was the problem and 1 month of daily driving later the car starts every time!
                              Now i can enjoy the coupe without thinking if i can make it back home

Comment

Thought it would the camshaft position sensor as it's very common and literally all of these cars suffer with it at some point during life. Audi told me about 10 years plus ago,actually its about 13 years ago now that it was a fault that showed up from quite low mileage up to around 120k miles. From memory Mine went at about 125k.

Here's a few pages i cut out of Car Mechanics mag years ago that highlighted this problem.

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                                94 2.6 80 Avant
                                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
                                X