Audi ("Ahem" Lamborgini) S3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keeper of The Kitten
    BTW they're not really gullwing doors are they? Gullwing openings hinge in the roof and open perpendicular to the car centreline. Doors like those are kind of referred to as butterfly opening (now I'm just nitpicking?!!) but even that's not really true, as butterfly style tend to part hinge on the leading edge of the roof (near the upper corner of the screen) and part hinge towards the lower corner of the screen (or somewhere nearby), so that the doors hinge up and come back inwards when they go over-centre. It's the best way for a sports car's door as it's less prone to being sucked open and ripped off...

__MDC__
    Lets call it the dragonfly doors for arguements sake...

Comment

Sounds good to me!!!

__MDC__
      Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

This could be in the 'Help I ruined my Audi' thread !

A real wideboy ride this one...
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

stop it!! he loves the car and has spent WAY too much taking a perfectly GREAT car and turning it into a monster (tackful huh? which way did I mean monster!!) monsterous!! or a hideous monster?

I love the S3, you go drive one and decide!! but that work is not to my taste, not at all. I admire the cars doors becuase he dares to be different. 320hp from a chip, wow, that's a lot!
          Martyn
          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

The steering wheel looks like its melted!
            Not my cup of tea, but each to their own. Thats why I drive an Avant and others prefer the Coupe.
            ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

as far as i'm concerned you cant beat the doors on that swedish koeningseeeeeggggggg thing, awesome, the less said about S3's the better

martin

Comment

One word: Chav...

The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
                  as far as i'm concerned you cant beat the doors on that swedish koeningseeeeeggggggg thing, awesome, the less said about S3's the better

martin

Agreed, that scissor action is the poodles parts Not to mention the rest of the car

Comment

Found a similar "waste" of a Civic - although the Civic wasn't much to begin with!

ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

He must be an educated person who knows exactly what he is talking about, seeing that he has spelt:

brakes = BREAK'S
                      Porsche = PORCSHE
                      Knob = NOB

Roo

Comment

I think the profits of stormloans would be better spent on exiting the grubby terraced home neighbourhood........

Comment

Working...
                        X