Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porsche 911 powered by audi. or was it audi powered by Porsche.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S2central.net
    Yep theres an FWD version of 016 'box I think - it gets used on a few kit cars - I'm sure I've seen a GT40 kit fitted with it. Cool !
    Correct. eg 100/200 turbo MC uses a 016 FWD and this is said to be the strongest FWD Audi box.
    -

Comment

at least there will be one 911 in the world with no oil leaks, and a half decent heater
      on holiday from S2 ownership

forget the house bills, spend it on the car :rotflmao:

Comment

affordable lsd options for fwd box?

Originally posted by porkkis
        Correct. eg 100/200 turbo MC uses a 016 FWD and this is said to be the strongest FWD Audi box.
        Sweet, I have an 016 FWD box (5 speed, of course) that I can use with my Coupe GT and an MC-1 motor, since a couple potential buyers for it weren't.

Nice to know it's a strong tranny. But since the front diff is open, I'm thinking before I put it together I should think about some kind of limited slip. Perhaps the "phantom grip"?
        Kenneth
        1990 Coupe quattro
        1991 200q20v x 2
        1985 4ksq 20vt project
        1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
        2006 Honda Ridgeline
        1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
          any idea's on what sort of book
          Jeffer,

There are a couple of bibles for Porsche owners. One is the "911 Performance Handbook" by Bruce Anderson. That is the book he was quoting. In that book (I have it) he mentions a crazy car builder named Kevin Jeanette IIRC who put a huge motor in the back of a Porsche.

Frankly I haven't decided which is worse. Working on a Porsche motor or working on an Audi I5. But I am leaning towards the I5. Anyway, Jeanette wanted to have a twin turbo motor that he could work on and change everything on without dropping the motor out of the car which is everybodies dream. That is where the guy got the idea.

Thanks for the thread. I love these guys who are crazy enought (you are in this category yourself) to completely redo a car to make it the way you want.

Sorry for the long post but this is one that I really enjoyed.

Rich

Comment

http://www.elektro.com/~audi/01E/ind3.html here are the needed parts to the fwd trannys,i think

Comment

I always fancied doing this to a Morris Minor van..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

SS

Comment

Working...
                X