Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "THE ITALIAN JOB" update

Going to the UK so far we have:

- RS2 Ex-manifold ~ 6 Kg; Martinjs; QPS packaging+mailing cost with insurance ~55 Euros;
    - RS2 MAF + Coil cover ~ 2 Kg; Greg_S; QPS packaging+mailing cost with insurance ~35 Euros;
    - RS2 Intake manifold ~ 5 Kg; Sidspud; QPS packaging+mailing cost with insurance ~55 Euros;
    - RS2 Battery door ~ 2 Kg; Lee; QPS packaging+mailing cost with insurance ~35 Euros;
    - RS2 front struts+susp. ~ 18 Kg; Glen C. ; QPS packaging+mailing cost with insurance ~72 Euros;
    - RS2 WG ~ 4 Kg; S2central.net ; QPS packaging+mailing cost with insurance ~40 Euros;
    - 3B WG ~ 4 Kg; Doug_RS2 ; QPS packaging+mailing cost with insurance ~40 Euros;
    - ISV ~ 0.5Kg; Mark H. ; QPS packaging+mailing cost with insurance ~35 Euros;
    - ISV ~ 0.5Kg; Blue S2; QPS packaging+mailing cost with insurance ~35 Euros;
    - Interiors; ~ 57 Kg; Martyn; postage charge not determined;

Still have Glen C to eventually confirm for the RS2 wheels + yokohamas for a total of 110kg ( ! )
    May have space issues on the box, though...!

I don't know if Mihnea would join the "group shipping" to the UK, but anyway we have:

- RS2 turbocharger+ECU ~ 7 Kg; Mihnea; QPS packaging+mailing cost with insurance ~55 Euros;

If I missed someone please tell me.

Total weight would then be ~216 Kg + ~70 kg for the wooden box and some internal packaging material.

@ Martyn: how much would it cost to ship this box? (indicative dimensions of 170cm x 70 cm x 100 cm).

Marco

Marco, where abouts in Italy do you live ?
    S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Center Italy.

About 600 km from border line with France or Switzerland...:eek2:

...pretty down South, I know.....

Comment

What is the name of the place that you live in ?

Comment

Re: "THE ITALIAN JOB" update

[QUOTE]
          Still have Glen C to eventually confirm for the RS2 wheels + yokohamas for a total of 110kg ( ! )
          May have space issues on the box, though...!

Will it be less if you fit the tyres and fill them with helium? he he he (old thread on scuby net!) Shipping will be a major factor in if i have em or not? Thats 110 + 18kgs! am i right? Sounds expensive! (I've justd asked at work if we have a coach over there but no! damm! ) I'll Maybe check with the haulage company nr us ! Unless Martyn tells me its not too bad! but i doubt that! How are we going to go on with VAT if martyn sorts the shipping? I presuem he's VAT registerd? Or is it what VAT?
          Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

VAT ? - Glen you crack me up !

Paul

Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Good! I knew i had some sort of use!
              Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Nice work Marco!!

My guess on shipping nearly 300 kilos to the UK is 300 pounds approx. I think the best way to 'split' the shipping charge is this:

If 300 kilos is 300 pounds in money, then every 1 kilo = £1 shipping. So if we take the first part as an example:

RS2 Ex-manifold ~ 6 Kg; Martinjs - then 6 kilos of parts for Martin x £1 per kilo = £6 shipping 'share' for Martin, compared to 55 Euros by QPS (£39.29) Martin would save £33 on shipping.

Something like Mark's and Jim's 0.5 Kilos = a whopping 50p shipping charge for each of them ;-).

I think this is probably the fairest way to split the shipping? if I'm wrong, PLEASE correct me!!!

These figures are 'loose' I am guessing the shipping charges a little bit. The rates I have here are for Uk to Italy, not Italy to Uk. I have allowed some extra charge to compensate for this, I think I will be pretty darn close!!

The VAT will be payable ONLY on the shipping charges! nothing else.

Glen, shame you don't have a coach going that way!! sure you cannot persuade a driver to make a small detour???

Martyn
                Last edited by Martynf; 26 November 2003, 22:38.
                Martyn
                -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

IF we were getting this shipped to the uk - when would it likely happen? would it all go to Martyn? How do we pay you Marco?

IF a few cars (3 or 4) went to Italy, would we be able to lug it all back?
                  S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

If it all comes via the shippers to our Heathrow depot, then the time would be when everyone has paid Marco. Once Marco is paid for all the parts shipping, I then call the shipping firm to go get it. Once its at the heathrow warehouse, locals can come get / meet up with any of us to collect. I'm in Kent, Paul is in Middlesex and MAtt is in Gloucestershire. So that is close enough for a lot of people to meet up with any of us and collect locally to them.

For Dougs and further afield, either we bring it to a meet for you guys, or onward ship it to you.
                    Martyn
                    Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

I reckon two avants could carry all the parts back with back seats down, maybe three Coupes with Glens wheels.
                      Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

VAT

Import duty

Customs clearance :nana:

Comment

Martyn, if I didn't miss anything the 216 kg should already be comprehensive of Glen's wheels and Mihneas ECU+turbocharger.

The "weight" proportion on shipping costs sounds fair to me and will certenly be VERY convenient for the ones who will have small and light parts.

About VAT, isn't there any way to avoid it?
                          What I mean is that we're still talking about used parts, so who knows theyr real value?

@ Doug, probably with an "Avant" everything could be dropped in.

Marco

P.S. I live in PERUGIA

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
                            I reckon two avants could carry all the parts back with back seats down, maybe three Coupes with Glens wheels.
                            4 wheels (no tyres) and 2 tyres (no wheels) are a tight fit in the back of a coupe with the back seats down - wouldn't get much else in at all.
                            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Martyn: Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't person to person shipments should exlude any tipe of duty,taxes,clearances ???

As the truck that get the parts isn't just a courier ?

At least it's the way it works here.
                              Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Working...
                              X