Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import duties???

Customs clearance???

Guys, AFAIK the UK is in EU and EU means no import duties on whatever is being shipped within EU!!!:nana:

'98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
    info@MRCTuning.com
    Workshop Directions

Comment

Me and those damm wheels! Trouble is my middle name!!!!

When reading martyns post about the shipping did i read it right!
      300kgs = £300 aprox! So is that not 1kg = £1 ??? or am i missing the point?

So total weight being about 300kgs inc packing = £300?

Will the wheels and tyres fit in the box Marco! or would you need a magic wand! That is the burning question? (For me! anyway)

How about payment to Marco? Do we do that as a bigger single payment like shipping or is it best to do it individually? (just thinking cost from £ - Euros?)

Anyhow whats this about me and the VAT martyn!!!:confused: :eek2: :eek2:
      Last edited by Glen Chamberlain; 26 November 2003, 22:35.
      Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Thanks Marco for posting that!! I took it that the wheels for Glen would be extra to the 200+ kilos.!! So the £300 shipping for about 300 kilos still holds then.

Sweeper and Mihnea are indeed correct, both UK + Italy in the EEC, so no import duty or customs etc. BUT VAT will be payable on the shipping charge.

No-one will have to pay VAT on the parts, NO!

Not sure if Mihnea would want his parts brough to the UK though? maybe if you are over here after the parts arrive, that would work out ok??

Glen, sorry you were right! it's £1 per kilo not £3 per kilo!! The VAT and you, Paul and I were taking the P@@s

Martyn
        Last edited by Martynf; 26 November 2003, 22:40.
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
          [
          Glen, sorry you were right! it's £1 per kilo not £3 per kilo!! The VAT and you, Paul and I were taking the P@@s

Martyn [/B]
          I gathered that but just enjoyed the confermation!
          Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

I've never been on a board where everyone had such a great sense of humour!!

Your wheels then Glen, if they are 110 kilo's, then £110+vat for those to our heathrow warehouse. Maybe we can then meet up with you at a S2 meet one weekend to bring them to you??

Regarding payment to Marco. Last time I bought some parts from Marco, I paid by wire transfer, a wire transfer can cost about 20 UK!! no matter whether you are paying £1 or £1000 !!

Money is a sensitive issue!! I know... so I am not going to suggest too much here. All I will say is that we do have a Euro bank account and I will pay VAG Parts in GBP what ever my parts total, then VAG Parts will pay Marco in Euros by bank transfer. Should anyone want to do this, well... you get the idea...

Martyn
            Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Glen, since it seems everything almost defined, I'll start putting the parts in the box.
              I'll be able to see whitin a couple of days if everything fits in it.

@ Martyn, in the worst hipotesys, how much would cost shipping the box (~180 Kg this time) + a small pallet about 130-140 Kg?

Marco

Comment

Just a suggestion guys...... Beetie is a truck driver...... I have known him to go to mainland europe on his travels.. may be worth a million begging PM's to see if he is going that way or one of his mates????? Just make sure he don't end up with a load of spares for his 3b!!!!
                He will probably kill me for mentioning this!!!:nana:
                A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Well, so...... hurray to Beetie

We might not have space issues anymore

Only problem..... must see if Mr Beetie likes this idea

Marco

Comment

Marco,

I would guess at:

180 kilos = 160 pounds
                    140 kilos = 140 pounds

The shippers don't always charge by the actual weight though.

If a box is very small and very heavy, they charge by the weight.
                    If a box is very large but light, they charge by the size.

The way they work out the weight of a box is:

Length in cm x width in cm's x height in cm's. Divide the total by 4000 and that = the kilos they will charge.

Martyn
                    Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Example:

(indicative dimensions of 170cm x 70 cm x 100 cm).

So (170 x 70 x 100) / 4000 = 297.5 Kilos they will charge for.

Martyn
                      Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Thanks for the explaination Martyn. I'll more carefully check box dimentions tomorrow morning, and start trying to fit everything in.

Marco

Comment

Martyn: The best dimension -> weight conversion UPS use. They can actually charge you a one-two J grands for a pair of seats or something similar. :-)

Good luck with you shipping adventure
                          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

NO Problem Marco, Sweeper do UPS NOT charge by the size of a part then? is that right?
                            Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Martyn: They are filfty ********. They will charge you as much as possible. Either by weight or by size . But their size sheme is the most rediculous I've ever seen. Don't use UPS.

Try to get a quote from TNT about their "Economic" version. Good be cheap.
                              Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

I got it now!! cheers Sweeper!!!

Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X