No announcement yet.

Big Favour Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the guy is keen to sell and you come across as seriously interested then i should think they will be helpful.

Have a flick thru the forum for known issues, as well as looking at the buying guide as well to give you an idea of what sorts of questions to ask.

I'd also say that also service history is nice, i wouldnt say its essential, as many people now maintain these cars themselves as its not too hard to do, saves a fortune on garage fee's plus many garages i wouldnt trust with my car as they simply dont take the kind of care that i myself would. Plus receipts should hopefully back up any claims being made.

Just dont under estimate the cost of replacing things, to replace, shocks, springs and topmounts for example, you are looking at atleast £700 plus anything on the way that you may find that needs doing. exhausts arent cheap either etc etc
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

from talking to him it seems ok
      cam belt was done 105K
      clutch replaced 105K
      new turbo and wastegate 76K
      radiators and all hoses replaced recently
      stainless milltek exhaust
      FASH up to 80K
      then non audi garage after that
      last serviced 108K
      he said the only problem he knows of is that a wheel bearing needs replacing

Comment

Originally posted by trousers
        from talking to him it seems ok
        cam belt was done 105K
        clutch replaced 105K
        new turbo and wastegate 76K
        radiators and all hoses replaced recently
        stainless milltek exhaust
        FASH up to 80K
        then non audi garage after that
        last serviced 108K
        he said the only problem he knows of is that a wheel bearing needs replacing
        Things like that are a good sign. Yes he has spent a lot of money on it, but NO ONE on here has an S2 that they have not spent money on. I would rather see a load of bills than none at all. It proves he is prepared to put it right....

Good luck!
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

If you get chance, look at some of the more expensive ones also, that way you have something to compare it to. It does look like a good one though.

Comment

Car looks nice and i'm sure he wouldn't have any problems with sending more pics if he's got nothing to hide. It looks like he's spent plenty of money on it and maintained it well enough. The trip would be worth it if its a good one as there is unfortunatly some shabby ones about. As Ant said, do plenty of reading up before you go look at it.

Good luck with the car and keep us posted.

Chris
            Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

Working...
            X