Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Sale / Trading Rules - Do not post your wanted items in this forum *Updated*

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A reminder of the rules of the forum for cars and items for sale, if you list a thread without prices it will be automatically removed as many a member are flounting this basic rule.

Comment

Reminder to newer members

Comment

What about group buys? It is NOT my business, but I am trying to help people out with a part that was custom made for me by a machine shop and he (an older gentleman) is willing to make more if I handle the payments and emails for him.

LMK please,
        Dan

Comment

There is a group buy section

Comment

how do a put an s2 3b for sale help please !!!!

Comment

Post your for sale thread in the Cars for Sale section.
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Would be awesome if people kept all there items for sale to one thread, ten items to one thread or ten threads with one part each,, yeah sure people can read what u are selling straight off the home page but not much else if u know what I mean...

I can't be the first to notice, people seeking parts will be checking all threads anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by campbellWS View Post
                  Would be awesome if people kept all there items for sale to one thread, ten items to one thread or ten threads with one part each,, yeah sure people can read what u are selling straight off the home page but not much else if u know what I mean...

I can't be the first to notice, people seeking parts will be checking all threads anyhow
                  I didn't want to complain but it's really been pissing me off and I was surprised that it has been allowed to continue for months.

Comment

If one posts multiple for sale threads on the Corrado forum the mods there automatically group them into one thread. I have to admit I've had more than one for sale thread on the main page a couple of times but it's not something I make a habit of and it wouldn't bother me if they were condensed.
                    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I'm partially guilty to this myself but do understand the annoyance. I have had threads listing many parts at once but it just doesn't really work when you want to sell something.

I would be happy to completely delete listings once an item has been sold though, but that is not an available option. Maybe that could be added?

Comment

the plus side of individual topics per item is that a) thread can be closed if sold in stead of keeping a large topic alive due to 1 item not selling and b) it is easier for buyers, I personally prefer seeing from the topic title what is for sale, in stead of a generic "breaking S2" topic title

Comment

I read the complaint yesterday and thought that this issue that i too have done copying someone else was something that the powers that be should be should be making the comment. I had no idea it was against any rules?? On the face of it it does look a little annoying but it's easy enough to just ignore it.

I can definitely understand why it's done as people don't have the time or cannot be bothered to read a for sale thread properly as i started out doing grouping all my 90 7a stuff together. Whatever way people advertise even way above average condition gear it's virtually impossible to sell anything anyway unless you are literally giving it away.I wouldn't mind giving stuff away if it was reciprocated when i want to buy stuff but of course it isn't.
                          Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 19 May 2014, 10:53.
                          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                          96 URS6 plus speck estate
                          94 2.6 80 Avant
                          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                            I read the complaint yesterday and thought that this issue that i have too have done copying someone else was something that the powers that be should be should be making the comment. I had no idea it was against any rules?? On the face of it it does look a little annoying but it's easy enough to just ignore it.

I can definitely understand why it's done as people don't have the time or cannot be bothered to read a for sale thread properly as i started out doing grouping all my 90 7a stuff together. Whatever way people advertise even way above average condition gear it's virtually impossible to sell anything anyway unless you are literally giving it away.I wouldn't mind giving stuff away if it was reciprocated when i want to buy stuff but of course it isn't.
                            It's not really easy enough to ignore. Over the last couple of months the preview of the For Sale section on the home page can contain 10 ads all from the same person.

It also means that everyone else's one or two ads get bumped down to the 2nd-3rd pages in no time at all, which leads to everyone bumping things in a very short time, competing to stay in view.

It just seems like a selfish way to hawk your stuff and it makes the For Sale section less enjoyable/efficient for everyone involved. None of this is aimed at you, btw. There's a difference between someone having 3-4 threads and someone having 15+

Comment

I know who you mean.

Comment

Maybe also a bumping rule?

Eg 48hours between bumps.

Sounds stupid but its been kinda annoying recently.
                                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                                X