Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Sale / Trading Rules - Do not post your wanted items in this forum *Updated*

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can say the same as the guys above have already written, a bit too much of 1 part threads and every day bumpers.

Comment

This was purely an observation, not aimed at any individual. To be honest I couldn't care less. unless i was trying to sell, someone taking the pi$$ would get a friendly pm if i had to babysit a forking for sale ad!..bump..bump.. however my amount of posts or non moderatorial role in the forum does not constrict my freedom of speach, especially when highlighting a small issue that will hopefully make the for sale section more fair.

An automatic group would eliminate this issue. It shouldn't need to get to that just a bit of common courtesy for your fellow members.

GLWS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just an observation from the sellers point of view and experience - there's probably 1% of people reading further than the first page... So to make it more fair I think the for sale adds need to be removed from the first page completely and maybe create a simple separate section with a few categories... IMHO
        '93 S2 Avant breaking
        '95 S6 Avant sold
        '83 80 Quattro SWB
        '85 90 Quattro
        '85 200 Quattro 10V sold

Comment

Personally I find having the item title useful, if a lot of items are being sold e.g. 3+ grouping these into a single thread makes sense so that may be a pragmatic approach which manages both viewpoints.

Also I would agree threads shouldnt be getting bumps too regularily, 48 hours seems like a reasonable time.
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Peaple with small number of posts can not open new thread on parts for sale section?In my case for example.Why i dont have permission.

Comment

PM Greg_S or Sonic they will sort it out for you
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

That is correct, due to a minority causing significant issues the decision was made to implement a post count and membership time before use of this area is allowed.
                Greg

Comment

Reminder
                  Originally posted by MikQuattro View Post
                  The goal in this forum is to provide members with a site where they can trade car bits in a friendly, safe environment. We’ll try to keep the rules as simple as possible and expect traders to adhere to them when they sell or purchase here. The rules will be fluid and may be adjusted at anytime as the need arises. So please revisit this post often. Also paramount here will be that the FS/FT forum will be an asset to S2Forum and in no way compromise the site. In other words, if we do this right and act like adults this forum should run itself.

What can I sell here?
                  Any S2 related. Anything that can be bolted onto an S2 as well as S2 memorabilia.

What can't I sell here?
                  Nothing else. If you want to sell bedroom furniture or Michael Jackson albums go to EBay.

Guidlines
                  • Anything listed For Sale must have a price, the exception being For Trade only items.
                  • No posts requesting interest or price checks.
                  • No auction style posts.
                  • Keep the thread titles on topic to what you're selling.
                  • No dealer sales of any type, this is a private forum for individuals. S2Forum is not a free service for business' to make money.
                  • This site has an international membership. No posts/discussions on how to beat applicable taxes or shipping tariffs.
                  • Give a complete description of what you're selling including known issues if any.
                  • Threads: Keep your post up to date! If you list an item for sale, visit back once a day or mention in your thread your schedule. Use the edit function to modify your original post when needed. When a sale or thread is completed, please, leave the selling price on the thread as a guide to others.
                  • Sellers consider ALL items you send shipped with insurance. It's your responsibility to get the item you shipped into your traders hands in good working order. Require a signature and delivery confirmation when applicable to insure a package isn't left on someone's doorstep out of your control. It's in your best interest.
                  • No premium charges for traders making purchases with Paypal. This is against Paypal terms of service. You may not accept Paypal if you wish.
                  • No contests, raffles or giveaways. If you feel the need to post a thread to help a trader in need, please PM a Mod before posting.
                  • Don't list anything FS/FT you don't currently have in your possession.
                  • Behavior: No thread crapping of any kind. If you feel an item is priced too high send a PM or keep it to yourself. If you think a trader is breaking a rule suggest a resolution with respect or PM a Mod.
                  • Follow through on your deal! Buyer and seller. This is a small community and if you don't send payment or ship as promised you wont be trading here long. And when you ship, pack it the way you would want to receive it.
                  • Newbies: hang around a while and get a feel for things before posting trying to correct an experienced trader. It is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.
                  • Be careful out there! Trolls and misinformation abounds. Know whom you're trading with. Check Heatware or Ebay references if available. If you have less Heat than the trader you're dealing with it is not unreasonable to expect to ship or send payment first.
                  • List where you're shipping form and willing to ship to.
                  • Communication is the key to a good trade, especially if there is a glitch along the way. Keep the PMs or Emails up to date to let the other trader know what's up.
                  • Much of what you do here is based upon "your word". Live up to it.
                  • Get contact details for the seller including telephone, address etc.
                  • Remember that purchases are made at your risk & S2forum.com takes no responsibility for sales initiated throught S2forum
                  Originally posted by MikQuattro View Post
                  Policy on Violators

This forum is unmoderated at the moment. Trade at your own risk and use the above guidlines. We can take no legal action against bad traders! If you violate the rules or guidelines you will not be trading here for long.

Violators will be given a warning and temporarily banned from trade.
                  If, after a certain period of time, it's not resolved, you will be banned from trade permanently, added to the Blacklist and given warning #2.
                  If still unresolved, you will be banned from S2Forum.

I apologize if this seems extreme, but due to the nature of this public forum and the lack of facilities to monitor trades, and due to my lack of time to deal with idiots who have no morals, I have no tolerance for this sort of thing. S2Forum is too awesome of a community to be tainted by this kind of cr@p.
                  Greg

Comment

Can't post in items for sale

Hi there I would like to sell a couple of s2 bits but I don't seem to be able to,
                    Could you please help?

Many thanks
                    Stu

Comment

Unfortunately due to some recent issues with sales a minimum post count has been introduced and that the reason why you wouldn't be able to post in that section just now.
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

How to post

So if I wanted to sell my genuine coupe roof rack how would I go about it?
                        I have been a member for over 2 years visiting nearly every day why can't I post

Comment

Roof rack

By the way it's a very nice roof rack! (If anyone fancies one)
                          Also I have a 2wd tow bar

Comment

If I keep posting does this help?

???

Comment

You'd be better off joining in the discussions in the public forums; shouldn't take you long to get up to 50.

We can't keep everyone happy but if a minimum post count means that a seller doesn't scam £000s off people, then it's worth it. We're the ones who get messages and emails from those who have fallen foul in the past and as a forum, we're trying to do what we can about it, without any more draconian measures.
                              Cheers'en, AndyC
                              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

There is a minimum of 30 posts required before people can post in the sale forums.

The reason for this is that we want to encourage people to be as active as possible on the forum - active people within the community tend to make for better buyers/sellers!

I wouldn't advise you to "spam" any thread - but by all means find somewhere you can contribute and make conversation if you want to gain access to the sale areas.

Why don't you create a thread to introduce yourself, maybe show off your car or project and get involved?
                                S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Working...
                                X