Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Front Bumper Lower Grills

Hi

I am in the process of doing a mild refurb on my RS2 and sadly the grills on the front lower bumper are not in a good way so I have found a supplier of the exact grill pattern/sizing and as it comes in 8ft x 4ft sheets i was wondering if anyone would be interested in a new set for their RS2?

I have my old ones to be used as patterns for then to be cut, I dont know the costs as of yet but they will certainly be much less that Audi Tradition (around £210 for the three parts), if you want them painted i can do that or if you want to do them yourself then they will work out a little cheaper.

Let me know if anyone one is up for a set or even individual grills.

Martin

Hi Martin, yes, I need a set, I have been searching for mesh but not found anything that matches the bonnet grill good enough.
    Let me know the cost please.

Martin

Comment

I’m interested in a set of these too. How much for a set painted?
      Davy
      1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
      2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
      2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

I dropped the old grills of at the metal fabrication place this morning, they will get back to me in a couple of days, once i know i will get back to you.

Comment

Any updates on this Martin?

Comment

This is the closet you will get,looks original aswell I’ve got it on my rs2 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F191698924277

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
              Any updates on this Martin?
              Hi Martin sorry about the late feedback on this, I found the exact original size of grill on line (25mm x 9mm) but when i contacted the company they couldnt supply it so I went to two different engineering companies and the closest that could be found was 27mm x 10mm, I decided that I would rather keep it all original and wanted 25mm x 9mm. There is 25mm x 10mm mesh available but it is the "flat" diamond shape and not the "angled" type thats used on the RS2, so that will not look the same. It seems that Audi choose a size of grill mesh that is not common/readily available to the outside world and made their own.

I would like to have seen a sample of the 27mm x 10mm to put the original up against it to see how different it looks but they not will to get an 8` x 4` sheet just for me to take a look and not fully commit. I have also just accepted a job overseas so i shall put this on hold for while until i get time to look into this again, sorry if it has inconvenienced anyone.

Comment

Could go completely the other way like I did and make your own, not in keeping with original mesh but my car isn't in keeping with S2 or RS2
                https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-the-s2/page12

Comment

Who is going to get there tape measure out, you can’t tell the difference and it’s angled ,£16.00 is better than paying tradition prices, ,

Comment

I agree
                    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Has anyone considered getting some 3D printed?

Comment

Working...
                      X