Audi Tradition Semi Commercial UK Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I can give one recent example for an S4 trim part:
    Audi tradition quote €108 plus delivery and VAT for what I want. Comes to about £140 delivered in the UK, if you could actually order.

My local Audi dealer have quoted £218 if they get it for me. Even the parts guy was shocked.

As noted above, I got it eventually via online-teile (Logistikzentrum-Lehrte) for about £150.

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
      Good point, they will probably fix it eventually. I do wonder whether they are just trying to limit smaller sales but who knows! Not sure what has happened to German efficiency...

Does anyone know how much Audi dealers charge on top of the Tradition prices? That would be a good reference point thinking about it.
      I would have thought most people on the whole don't tend to order smaller parts because of the high postage costs don't make it viable anyway, that's where we've been lucky enough to have you to arrange group buys which addressed that problem nicely.

A dealer once told me they added 20% to Tradition's list price , I asked this question after he quoted me a price far in excess of that, it was something crazy like 250% as I recall.

Comment

Can forward you an email from Audi dealer today! Fuel lines are £265 plus vat and delivery. Same part bought from local dealer turns into £434plus vat and delivery!! It’s Audi U.K. putting a crazy markup on the bits.
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
          Good point, they will probably fix it eventually. I do wonder whether they are just trying to limit smaller sales but who knows! Not sure what has happened to German efficiency...

Does anyone know how much Audi dealers charge on top of the Tradition prices? That would be a good reference point thinking about it.
          My german audi dealer does not charge any thing extra on AT orders and he ships to Denmark.

However you can just get a german postal address at www.mailboxde.com they do forward to the UK and then you should be able to buy from AT.
          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Thanks for posting Jonas, you've confirmed what I suspected would be the case when ordering via a German dealer.
            I've just tried changing my UK account address over to the one used for my mailboxde.com account. I enter Görlitz as the district but it reverts back to my UK district entry when I click the continue button. Maybe you know of a workaround to get it to accept the new address details? I'll have a play myself in the meantime to try and figure this out.

Comment

Maybe you need to use VPN?

Comment

I would think a German VPN would fix that?

I can try that later tonight.
                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

I'd be interested to know how you get on with that.
                  I've just tried using a German proxy server but there result remains the same, I also tried leaving this field blank as it isn't necessary. Still no dice for me at this point.

Comment

I think you'll need an account at a valid German address before it will do anything, probably verified so that you will be invoiced and pay on receipt of invoice. Maybe even by post!

Comment

Working here with VPN and using mailbox.de address for both billing and shipping.

But VISA payment not working right now.
                      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

What payment options does it give you with a mailbox.de address?
                        When I tried a valid (friends) address in Germany it only offered Invoice.

Comment

Invoice and VISA/Mastercard but says that it's not working at the moment.
                          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Thanks for testing using a VPN to access the site, so that in my mind tells us that even German residents with non-business accounts face the same hurdle with VISA payments. Any German guys care to comment on the situation?

Which VPN service are you using? Send a pm if you prefer.

Comment

I use www.hetzner.com and have I have a vps with an OpenVPN server installed.

It is like 3 euro a week.
                              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Thanks, I'll take a look at this.

Comment

Working...
                                X