Audi Tradition Semi Commercial UK Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Tradition Semi Commercial UK Setup

With the seemingly endless problems with the Audi Tradition site I've been toying with doing the group buys on a semi commercial basis, I'd buy the parts via a business and then sell on. I would have to add a markup to cover costs and time though. But would be able to issue a VAT invoice and sell without VAT to non UK customers. Was thinking of adding 20% to the listed AT price. If enough people are interested then I'll get it going. The group buys have been generally fine although have been stung on postage a few times. Packaging and administrating has been fine but as with everything it does take time.

Thought a poll could be worth taking!
    Yes I'd be happy to pay 20% on top of AT prices
    50.00%
    20% is far too much, but good plan
    43.75%
    No you b45tard keep doing the free group buys!!
    6.25%

Yes, 20% seems reasonable, but how would you get them to deliver to you? Or do you have a "partner" in Germany?

I tried ordering with a friends German address but still got the same "PayPal" error.
    Though as noted elsewhere, getting online-teile (Logistikzentrum-Lehrte) to order and forward worked THIS MONTH and was reasonably economic.

Comment

About time we had a reliable source for parts for our old barges.

Comment

Having four "Old" Audis I think this is a wonderful idea.

Comment

Yes mate. happy to pay the 20%, did think it must be alot of work and outlay for you doing the group buys and was much appreciated by the way. Pretty sure people will be happy just to be able to buy what parts are still available.

Comment

Also intrigued as to how the hell you are placing orders? It’s having a huge effect on my business not being able to order parts direct from tradition. I have a business account, verified vat number etc.
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Yes, thanks for trying to bring some light for us, out of the darkness!!

Comment

There is a note when selecting my country under billing address that orders are only being processed for Germany and Austria.
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Interesting. I just had a play and changed my billing address to my friends address in Bremen (Germany) and it then offered the choice of Invoice or Credit Card.....
                  I didn't see any note about Germany/Austria though....

Must have a chat to my neighbours where the wife is German and they have accounts in both countries....
                  Might be possible to invoice in Germany but deliver to UK!

Comment

Might have to have a check to see whether I can still order then if there are restrictions on delivery country now. Will let everyone know. Thanks for the positive responses

Comment

I think it's the ACCOUNT/billing country that is the issue. I tried delivery to Germany with a UK account address and it wasn't playing.
                      It's quite possible the with a valid German-based account you can deliver elsewhere.

Comment

I think it's been great what you've done so far especially in your own time etc etc. The horror stories of dealing AT sound bad and if you can get round that I will certainly use you for parts in the future. Like someone's said getting parts is tricky and any help is VERY much appreciated thank you for considering going down this road.

Comment

As above I think.

…..but, is it possible that the whole account/paying issue will be resolved at some point and folks will be able to order again themselves?

Comment

Fair play if you take this on but it could end up a ball ache if you have to be a middle man in any returns process. People might demand a bit more if they're paying for a service rather than appreciating you doing it in your own free time.

Comment

Good point, they will probably fix it eventually. I do wonder whether they are just trying to limit smaller sales but who knows! Not sure what has happened to German efficiency...

Does anyone know how much Audi dealers charge on top of the Tradition prices? That would be a good reference point thinking about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X