Clear All

• Another S2

No Connection to seller.

Silver S2
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

...and an Avant... (no connection to seller)

S2 Avant
    '94 S2 (RS2+ spec. Tarmac Rally Car)
    S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

Looks good in silver but 180,000 miles seems a lot, even with an engine rebuild. Anyone got similar on their S2? If so how's she running? Cheers. Andy
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Seen a couple of S6s (100 shape) basically they have the same engine, with 250,000 and they were fine. One sounded smoother than mine and mine had less than 60k on at the time.

Things will be wearing out but with a good hisotry there should be a few miles left at 180,000! I guess the turbo would be pretty tierd by then. More info on the engine rebuild would be useful if you wanted to make a better judgement.
        Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

'great on fuel' showing 19.9 mpg! LOL! No a/c or leather aswell...
          Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Yep I noticed no AC or Leather (same as mine ) but I'm surprised on such a late car.
            Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Just sent him a message to head over to the forum and try elephant for insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo
                Just sent him a message to head over to the forum and try elephant for insurance.
                Funny stuff.
                Do you think he is telling the truth he's selling because of no insurance? Can you legally buy and drive the car without being insured? Not here.
                Anyway, I think he has some more reasons...

Greetz to all!
                *ZR* S2 R.I.P.
                Visit *ZR*'s Hideout!

Comment

Originally posted by *ZenithalRavage*
                  Funny stuff.
                  Do you think he is telling the truth he's selling because of no insurance? Can you legally buy and drive the car without being insured? Not here.
                  Anyway, I think he has some more reasons...

Greetz to all!
                  I'm with you ZR. Why would you buy a car to then find out you can't afford to insure it . I think he's got some problems with it and if he's not part of this forum it just means spending 'till you find the fault(s) . It's quite a low spec car also. Nice colour though
                  Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

Trust me, it is quite common. Buy a new car try to change existing insurance, cost am and leg! you could be right though.

Comment

Wouldn't you do your research first??
                      Mark

Race Clio RS197

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
                        Wouldn't you do your research first??
                        Have to be honest and say I didn't. I was in the market for an A6 1.8T and was bored at work one day. I found my S2 on the autotrader website and thought why not? So we went over had a look and bought it

Didn't even think of the insurance till after after the deal was done (that's S2's for you). The insurance company I was with wanted £150 to change over for two months on my policy then £2000 TFTP. Tried elephant and got £653 fully comp for me and the missus. A sort of happy ending

Ben
                        the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                        1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Quite easy to get carried away when looking at cars, and do an impulse buy. Learnt my lesson with a TVR S a few years back. (£850 to insure, as second car, on 3k miles a year!!)

Comment

No heated seats either

Comment

i dont think you can judge until u actually go and test drive it. you would have to know when it had an engine rebuild. Im sure there are members on this forum who are reaching close to the 150k mark and have no problem with there cars (me being one of them). so if the rebuild was recent then the car would run pretty sweet!!!!

Lets not for get its an S2

Comment

Working...
                              X