K24R Clutch Linkage Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr G View Post

Did you get answer? Mine is doing it from time to time......I'll start and drive for a while - in town so lots of clutch/stop start and it's all fine. Then all of a sudden the clutch pedal won't come back up on it's own. If I leave the car parked for a few hours, then all fine again.....very weird I think - what am I missing?
    nope, never got an answer. and since I parked the car at my indy for MOT (and thus first new springs) I have not yet had the time to test this myself

Comment

Hi, my clutch pedal spring is broken and need other one.
      but I can't understand the sense of those metallic pieces
      Thanks man
      photobucket SUCKS
      sigpic

Comment

Mine fell out years ago and I've never got around to fitting the new one yet, still drives fine

Comment

Thread resurrection - sorry......
          Can someone please confirm the measurement of the clevis adjustment for the RS2 - is it 116 + 0.2 mm? or is it 109mm? I'm still having issues with the clutch pedal not coming back up . On Saturday I drove for about 30 kms, clutch worked as it should. Then I got off the freeway, and got caught up in traffic - lots of clutch usage. 5kms into traffic and now the clutch pedal doesn't come back up. Struggled with this till I got home - at times getting into 1st or reverse was a struggle. Managed to get home, parked the car with the pedal at the bottom. Didn't use the car on Sunday - clutch pedal still on the floor. Today, I helped the pedal up - and it feels fine. I will be looking for leaks, but just wanted to confirm the clevis adjustment - because I have set it at 116mm. Last silly question......for now, is it the brake fluid or the green hydraulic fluid that "controls" the clutch? Cheers and TIA

Comment

It's almost certainly your slave cylinder. And clutch runs on dot 4 brake fluid. It takes a feed off the brake fluid reservoir
            AutoDoc sell the genuine Sachs one as originally fitted by Audi. Best avoid other makes in my opinion.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanx Dave, slave was replaced about 2 months ago as it was leaking, and I thought it would resolve the problem- but didn't. I'll need to check what make/brand slave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr G View Post
                Thanx Dave, slave was replaced about 2 months ago as it was leaking, and I thought it would resolve the problem- but didn't. I'll need to check what make/brand slave

Maybe it just needs another bleed. They can be tricky to bleed.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Hello Dave - unfortunately it's not the Sachs one, I only managed to get Meyle one - the joys of owning an RS2 on the southern tip of Africa . I'll be taking it in on Thursday to have it re-bled. I need to take it in, as I don't have the skill to do it myself......Thanx and I appreciate your feedback. Hopefully I will revert with some good news next week

Comment

So a quick update - the system/slave was bled on Thursday. It was bled 5 times - as there was definitely air in the system. After the 6th time it seemed fine. Drove the car since then, it has improved a whole lot - but occasionally the pedal does require help . Seems like more bleeding is on the cards - aah well there is improvement. Don't know if it's just me.....has someone had a similar experience, where depending on the elevation of the road - the pedal would work just fine. I need to do more driving.

Comment

They can be very difficult to bleed properly as I said. I had to reverse bleed once. This involves connecting the pressure bleed feed to the slave and pushing the fluid up towards the reservoir. The problem is the design of the slave and the angle it sits, trapping bubbles.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanx Dave - yes you did.....will investigate the option of reverse bleeding. Your comment about the design and angle makes sense, and is probably the reason that I noticed a difference depedning on the elevation of the road that I was driving on. Again THANK YOU, I do appreciate the feedback and input.

Comment

And I would look out a proper Sachs replacement before they are nla.
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

So had the system, including the slave, pressure bled while bleeding the brakes - conventional bleeding through the top. Brakes feel a whole lot better, but has not solved the clutch ? so I guess reverse bleed next and if that doesn't work, I'll be the lookout for a Sachs unit

Comment

So had the system, including the slave, pressure bled while bleeding the brakes - conventional bleeding through the top. Brakes feel a whole lot better, but has not solved the clutch ? so I guess reverse bleed next and if that doesn't work, I'll be the lookout for a Sachs unit

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X