Looking for an S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an S2

My first post so hope this is in the correct area.

Im looking for an S2 with the ABY 6spd gearbox and would value the opinions of the forum on what is the better car; the coupe or the avant with regards to handling?

What kind of condition of car could I expect for around 4500 in terms of bodywork, interior and engine condition. Milage is not particularly an issue and neither is BHP though I have a tendency to prefer cars that have not been modified in anyway. Ive read the "buyers guide" and looks pretty much the same criteria for the UR's

Im currently selling my MB in favour of the S2 for numerous reasons so im not entirely unfamiliar with this sort of car.

Thank you to those that respond

Ian

I love my coupe, but you do get more Avant for your money. The Avant guys do have alot of fun with the added sleeper factor too. Not sure about handling differences, both can easily be upgraded.
    HTH
    SS

Comment

I'll be honest and say you'll be very lucky to find a decent ABY S2 for 4.5K

Your looking more 5.5-7k for a good ABY thats been kept in good nick.

The Coupe is a better car, but if you have a family or need boot space then get the Avant, you will also pick up an Avant cheaper so it may be more in your price range

Comment

I didn't rush in to buy my S2. Just have a good look around to get a 'feel' of what they are like, and what you are likely to get for your money. From my experience more money doesn't alway equal a better car.
        SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter
          I didn't rush in to buy my S2. Just have a good look around to get a 'feel' of what they are like, and what you are likely to get for your money. From my experience more money doesn't alway equal a better car.
          Very true but how many S2 ABY's do you see realisticly below 5K?

T

Comment

Buy an urs4 or s6 more car for less dosh and very similar performance plus the sleeper look with either saloon or avant

Comment

Me? None. When I looked I didn't see many ABYs for less than 8k. I not sure, but an Avant may be possible. Some S2s seem to be going for stupidly low money.
              SS

Comment

There is an M reg avant on autotrader for 5k, looks nice, 168k miles, but thats not a problem. You might get a few quid knocked off if you waft some notes under their nose. N.C.T.S

They do pop up in this price range but usually have above average mileage, but that wouldnt put me off.

Comment

i set out to buy an aby but ended up with a 3b after driving quite a few different cars,best to check out as many as you can,the one i bought was way cheaper than the others i looked at,but by far the best mechanically...good luck

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
                    There is an M reg avant on autotrader for 5k, looks nice, 168k miles, but thats not a problem. You might get a few quid knocked off if you waft some notes under their nose. N.C.T.S

They do pop up in this price range but usually have above average mileage, but that wouldnt put me off.
                    saw that and 168k is nothing to worry about IMO. I would intend to open an attache case with crisp 50's in it as a carrot

Comment

I just bough a 94 ABY coupef or £6.5k. It's got a full Audi service history and has only covered 95k

Have also heard that there is one for sale just out side Edinburgh for £5.5k

Comment

Originally posted by euans2
                        Have also heard that there is one for sale just out side Edinburgh for £5.5k
                        Are you guys near Edinburgh?
                        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

I live in Edinburgh

Comment

Here's one not too far away Ian.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...552774915&rd=1

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

I've got one of the last 3b's for sale
                              Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Working...
                              X