7" touchscreen painted and fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7" touchscreen painted and fitted

Well finally got it painted and fitted again.

comments are welcome...

Next project, fitting a central doorlocking button and a sun roof button in the arm rest.

/Jonas R.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Nice!
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

That's a really good install
      Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
      England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Like it, i was gonna do the same in mine, except mounted at the top, so i lost the vent and moved the buttons down to the headunit slot, but changed my mind, sold the screen and bought a motorised 7" touchscreen for my PC instead
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
          Like it, i was gonna do the same in mine, except mounted at the top, so i lost the vent and moved the buttons down to the headunit slot, but changed my mind, sold the screen and bought a motorised 7" touchscreen for my PC instead
          Damn good system as well mate, i was impressed at Biling

Comment

You got some pictures of this Ant? Sound really interesting?
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R
              Well finally got it painted and fitted again.

Next project, fitting a central doorlocking button ...

/Jonas R.

Nice, ths a somthing I am trying to do since I have my RS2, a button to look/unlock the doors.
              Its triky (at least I cant figure the logics of the electric wires on the door) , when I got my RS2, after while, I dissasembled the interior of the drivers door (LHD) since this door looks and unlocks all doors if you use that small pin on top of the it.

I found a plug that have (since I remember) 3 wires that control the pump(?) wich looks and unlocks teh doors and what attached to a gizmo near do the door looker

| \ |
              | | |
              1 2 3
              | | |

number 2 closes to number 1 or 3 making close or open.
              I thought "nice I use that for a switch"

tested with some wires direcly on plug, and fine, it worked. but you coulndnt install the plug on original one, because it shortcircuit the wires when trying to use the switch :-(.
              At least with me didnt work, unless you I unplug the plug. I dont remember but there was a reason to get the plug pluged...

Comment

Well you got tre wires going onto the pump, if you disconnect the plug from the pump. Then you have the 3 wires that are ground, +12v and signal. If you make connection between signal and 12v the door opens and if you make connection between ground and signal they close. Only problem is that you cant open the front door with the key. But if you in my case, dont use the key then there is no problem.

The audi 100 avant from 1993 has a swithc for central locking that can be used perfectly for this purpose.

/Jonas R.
                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Well you got tre wires going onto the pump, if you disconnect the plug from the pump. Then you have the 3 wires that are ground, +12v and signal. If you make connection between signal and 12v the door opens and if you make connection between ground and signal they close. Only problem is that you cant open the front door with the key. But if you in my case, dont use the key then there is no problem.

The audi 100 avant from 1993 has a swithc for central locking that can be used perfectly for this purpose.

/Jonas R.
                  Hi
                  thanks for the help

but as I understand you comment you mean that with the "key using the remote" will it open? right?

nice to know there is a switch taht we can use. never se one will check on ETKA if I find ... any pick part number etc?

thanx again for the help

Comment

Hi RS2.pt

Sorry for the late reply, yeah i can still open the doors using my remote. But i cant open the drivers side door using the key. Ofcourse if your remote fails you can just open the door in the passenger side

Cant remember the part nr, but it is fairly easy to find on etka.

/jonas R.
                    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Nice work, like what you've done with the head unit!
                      acidtrax

Comment

Next project, fitting a central doorlocking button and a sun roof button in the arm rest.

/Jonas R.
                        Armrest?

got any pics of this armrest? Has it got a brother?

Cheers n (cheap French)

Si
                        95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                        Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                        With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Working...
                        X