Mik's Undercarriage Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mik's Undercarriage Project

I think I'll eventually html this so that I can document this project well, but for now I thought I'd post some stuff here.

Here is what I'm up against:

As you can see, the components at the rear of the car are very crusty. My purpose in this is to replace all bushes (which are all shot), get the subframe sandblasted and painted in order to prevent the corrosion from getting worse, and to replace/fix anything else along the way as I see fit.

Mik's Project = lots of cash and lots of time =
    Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
    Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Re: Mik's Undercarriage Project

As you can see, the components at the rear of the car are very crusty...............
    Crusty rear components.........go an see a doctor if I were you!
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Re: Re: Mik's Undercarriage Project

Originally posted by LPHUK2002
      Crusty rear components.........go an see a doctor if I were you!

2001 A4

Comment

Mik, blooming heck mate, that really does look crusty. I thought my under carriage looked bad when I first got my car.

Maybe Paul N can post pics of my under carriage from when he was working on it, along with a "hints and tips" section. This again can be a reference point for others when they come to do the same work. He pretty much renovated the entire underneath of my car.

Good luck with the work though Mik - you'll love the difference afterwards.

Alpesh

Comment

scouser_75, cheers mate...I'm really looking forward to it. It's gone well so far, with a few problems. Hopefully I can get Paul N to come over when I'm ready to put things back together....(hint hint)....

2001 A4

Comment

Good luck with that one matey, where abouts are u in UK?

Greg
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
              Good luck with that one matey, where abouts are u in UK?

Greg
              Norfolk....does that mean you're gonna give me a hand? Hehe...

2001 A4

Comment

Whats the exhaust?

Sure does look crusty in there - are you replacing the rear ARB and drop links and track rods?

I changed my rear end about two months ago minus the track rods and it feels a lot more solid - just waiting to get those H&R's and billies on and it should feel like a new car.

Good luck

David
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by MikQuattro
                  Norfolk....does that mean you're gonna give me a hand? Hehe...
                  Never know, if i ever get some spare time dont mind lending a hand
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

s2driveruk, exhaust is Milltek stainless, and yes, I'm going to replace all that except for the ARB, which I'll replace with a stock one if it doesn't clean up well....

Greg_S,

2001 A4

Comment

In case anyone is interested, I've posted all the pics I have of my project so far, you can check them out here.

I'm at the Clean Up phase, which isn't near as fun as the Tear Apart phase or the Build phase, but the good thing about it is that it doesn't require a lot of money... I'll post more pics as I progress.

Now is the time for requests!! If anyone would like me to take a photo of anything on my car in particular, for whatever reason, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

2001 A4

Comment

Originally posted by MikQuattro
                        Now is the time for requests!! If anyone would like me to take a photo of anything in particular for whatever reason, please let me know, I'm happy to help! [/B]
                        Are you sure you wanted to offer this I can see the replies now........................

Leigh
                        Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

lol!!!! Post edited.....hehe

2001 A4

Comment

I will be tackling the under carriage this winter.

This is nice, at least I know what i will be getting myself into ;-).
                            I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Josh, hopefully this will help out a bit...you can learn not to do all the stupid stuff that I'll end up doing....hehe

2001 A4

Comment

Working...
                              X