Audi 4000csq refresh and AAN Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 4000csq refresh and AAN Swap

Over past 8 months I have been redoing an 87 Audi 4000 Quattro. Was pretty rough when I bought it for 600 dollars. it made the 100 mile drive home effortlessly. On that drive, it set its own fate, it blessed me with working cruise control, and ice cold A/C, and drove like an absolute GEM. I knew then I would save him, and make it my full time project. Previous owner state that the vehicle exited the roadway unintentionally and entered a wooded area. As you can see it received substantial damage. I work in a body shop so I undertook the project of fixing it.

cant tell from previous pics but the rocker was chrushed flat here, and I didn't have a new piece, so I made it from scratch

in the trunk even the frame rail had a light buckle. but I don't have a pic of it.

I had a parts car for sport Quattro reasons, so I had a new door fender and trunk lid.
    the entire floor is going under my shorty coupe.

the corner of the quarter panel above tail light was crushed flat, so not the best repair, and full panel had rust, I sectioned the corner on

fixed all other dings and dents all over car.

Primed entire car 4 coats

blocked it all out

Now for ease of job, I fully intended on respraying in tornado red. Now I like tornado red, but there are like 3-4 of these local, and 3 are red. all of em I tend to see in travels are red. so I opted for a nice medium grey. so I landed on Lamborghini Grigio Telesto Grey paint code 0098

started shooting grey sealer

mixed up the color

shot the car

From there I began reassembly

Got it cut, de-nibbed and polished and tossed er outside

Got It lowered a bit, and now I need to install the AAN 20VT I built and powdercoated for it. Also need to redo the black around the windows.

That's all for now! stay tuned

Very very nice! Good job with the bodywork, and color is just the best!

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Very nice, love it. Is that a custom inlet manifold on the AAN?

Comment

no, OEM intake and exhaust for now. once I get it in and running perfect, I will swap for GT3071 turbo and maybe better intake for small chassis.

Comment

looking good!! will be staying tuned

Comment

Good lord! Love it.
            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Great job restoring that car, most would have scrapped it.

Comment

took 8 months of Saturdays and some sundays lol. and I had most parts. but it has been an undertaking. I had a 3B 4kq in the past, and it has always stuck with me. these aren't common in my neck of the woods and couldn't afford a good example to start with, so this one passed the chopping block!

Comment

Awesome Job ...
                  Interested of how the Project will proceed....Nice Color...
                  [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Originally posted by kompressorgolf View Post
                    no, OEM intake and exhaust for now. once I get it in and running perfect, I will swap for GT3071 turbo and maybe better intake for small chassis.
                    ofcourse AAN manifold is side feed had a brain fart haha

Comment

Well done saving that one!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

Admiring your handiwork there kompressorgolf - really nice job - and the colour looks tremendous.
                        Paul Nugent
                        Webmaster http://S2central.net
                        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Thanks Gents! the color gets a lot of attention! not many people know what the car is around my parts, but those that do love it.

Comment

Been working on The switches, doing LED conversion made a big difference so far.

Then some dude in Serbia had the exact decal I wanted, I only wanted Quattro on the truck not everything that was there

Comment

just been enjoying the car a bit. still needs a few things, just taking a break and had to button some things up on the mini. Did a full reseal on the engine/trans. Yall might like the mini too haha.

don't mind the fog lights, they need the rivets redone

More soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X