Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 80 b4 saloon - 1.8 20v turbo conversion

Hi all,

Wanted to start a thread about about my new build. It’s an Audi 80 b4 saloon, 1994. It’s a Quattro model and currently has the 2.6 V6 engine.
    The car did run really well and has only just come off of the road.
    I have a mass of parts ready for the swap.

Heres some one photos from today.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Probably you know, but just in case, on V6 chassis you can use Cabriolet ADR engine mounts.
    1989 Audi 80 Quattro
    1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Hi. Thanks, yeah I have a set of ADR mounts ready and waiting

Comment

Love the wheels! Which wheels are those?

Comment

Thanks. They are Bola wheels, the B12 set.

Comment

Have to say that looks nice I will be watching this thread going forward

Comment

Do you need any coil packs? I bought some of the older tsfi in error!
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Hi all. Made some good progress this weekend, had to slow the pace down a little yesterday as my three and four year old daughters wanted to help
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 11 photos.

Comment

Engine is out and looms are split and labelled. Planning to completely overhaul wiring and also want to be sure all sensors, ABS etc is working as it should do decided to completely strip and address now.

Donor or car arrived today also. Golf 1.8 20v turbo, AGU. Only had 1 owner and really good history but had major rear end damage so lucky find.

Next step is is to strip the loom from the golf, get both looms merged and also address some rust I’ve found in the bay.

Any my advice on clutches would be appreciated if anyone has any info?

thanks

Comment

Why are you labeling the engine wiring harness? It needs to be removed.
                      Why are you using transverse engine? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is not bolt on. Engine mounts are different, mounting holes do not line up. Oil cooler is different. Intake is at weird angle. Turbo is different and exhaust is at weird angle.
                      Last edited by M2ki; 2 June 2019, 18:18.
                      1989 Audi 80 Quattro
                      1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

The harness is being removed, I’m labelling simply because I want to and I like to track and document, just my way of working.
                        Transverse AGU fits as loads of space, I wanted to use a transverse engine because I wanted an AGU lump specifically, my preferred 1.8t engine.
                        Engine mount wise, I’ve been given a few pieces of advice on mounts to use but it should be easy enough to find a solution.

Any suggestions on engine mounts would be most welcome?

Comment

Transverse engine uses 06A block where Cabrio 1.8 mounts does not fit and front mount also does not fit so most likely you will need to fabricate your own mounts. And mounts will not be the only problem. That's why everyone uses 058 block engines such as AEB, AJL, ATW, APU, ANB.

Comment

Looking forward to following your build. Looks like a great example to build from.
                            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thanks Greg

Comment

Working...
                              X