No announcement yet.

Audi 80 b4 saloon - 1.8 20v turbo conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi Everyone.

Sorry for not updating this thread for a long time. The project went on hold for sometime but it’s been hit hard and is now finished!

Body:
      All bodywork is done, full restoration down to nut and bolt with everything powder coated!

Suspension:
      Bilstien suspension and H&R springs. All adjustable links etc. All new bushes.

Brakes:
      Front - BMW 7 series 4 pot calipers, Focus RS 330mm vented discs, custom made brackets, all new brake lines.
      Rear - Audi A6 calipers, VW Corrado front vented discs, custom brackets, all news brake lines.
      Audi RS6 servo conversion.

Engine:
      AGU 1.8t 20v turbo from a 2000 Golf GTI, TTE280 turbo, Bosch greens, Bosch 044 pump, Subaru Impreza front mount intercooler, new fuel lines, silicone hoses, custom turbo back 2.5” exhaust, and new parts everywhere. Currently set up at 265bhp.
      Custom engine mounts, custom radiator, custom coolant hoses and tank.

Car is running sweet and is very quick, it’s been a labour of love and taken about 3 years but it’s taxed, MOT’d and insured and on the road finally!!!

Obviously there are some niggling issues - fuel gauge just will not work and I’m completely baffled as to why haha? Any ideas?
      Also there are issues with the steering, it is abit lose and the tracking just won’t line up! Can’t work it out! Any ideas?

Thanks everyone, I hope the car is of interest and sorry again for lack of updates.

Rob

Attached Files

Comment

More photos 2
        Attached Files

Comment

More photos 3
          Attached Files

Comment

Front brakes
            Attached Files

Comment

Clean today!
              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice. Such a shame we didn't get the S2 Saloon in the UK.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Very nice!
                  1991 S2
                  2003 RS6

Comment

fuel gauge might need to solder re flowing on the circuit board

Comment

This is super cool! Please let us know when you will be at a show with it. (Whereabouts in the country are you based)

I have run 80 Sport Editions in the past, and the only thing wrong with them was not enough power. You have solved that

Cheers

Steve
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Thanks a lot Steve! Appreciate the feedback ?
                        Thanks everyone else for the feedback too ?

I’m based in London.

When are the next good shows I could come too?

Rob

Comment

Hi All.

I’ve still got a problem with the steering on the Audi.

During the restoration literally every part was either refurbed or replaced. Since reassembling the car I cannot get the steering right.

The wheels are straight and laser aligned, however the wheels turn further to the right than to the left? Also there is about 3cm worth of play on the steering wheel but only when you turn left?

Any ideas or advice would really help please?

Comment

Sounds like the rack wasn't centred before the alignment was done.
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

The rack was actually the only item I did not remove and refurb, I just painted it in the car. Do you think the rack could still get off centre from the removal of other components only? Is there a specific way to recentre accurately?

Comment

Working...
                              X