Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 80 B4 2,6 avant quattro projekt

Hey. Its been a couple of years.

I gat my Audi 80 avant quattro back for the mechanic, where it has been strandet for 5 years " long story of broken promises "

Bought a new engine 2,6 ABC on ebay.de The old one lost compression on cylender 2 and 6 and blow all of the wather out of the expasion tank.

With the help of my neighbor. Him and i put the new engine in and gat it running again.

So i am tackling the rust problems in the bonnet and doors.

Fix the wiring in the boot

Rust in the hood

New Wheel housing liner

Still ned to fix the doors bought 4 new, Going to use the winter to changes them. But first i need to get the painted.

Need help to find thes item i need. thougt the still could be bougt new. Its for S2 side skirts.

8D0 854 955 B for ring
    8A0 854 953 for cover

to fix the bottom of the skirt to the car.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 11 photos.

You can use the B5 Avant ring which is still available from your Audi dealer and the cover is also available. Not such a good fit but with some minor adjustments you can get them to work.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Sideskirts holds down to the car without attaching bottom part just fine. Fixing covers will break and fall out at some point anyway. I had modified B5 rings and covers, most of them were gone after first winter and two of my friends with B5s said the same.

Comment

Someone needs to three d print a simple push fit plug with a drain hole. If you don't have anything the holes will fill up with mud and trap water, causing rust.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I just used rubber (plastic?) plugs that comes there from factory on non-S cars.

Comment

Shame you didn't replace the old V6 with something more fun

Comment

Originally posted by piotr View Post
              Shame you didn't replace the old V6 with something more fun
              Though about that, when the misses blow up the old engine. Looked around for a 2,3 Audi 90 20V.
              But the projekt strandet for 5 years so, when i to over the projekt again it was alot easy to just put in a 2,6

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
                Sideskirts holds down to the car without attaching bottom part just fine. Fixing covers will break and fall out at some point anyway. I had modified B5 rings and covers, most of them were gone after first winter and two of my friends with B5s said the same.
                It's olnly a summer car, it Will only run from 1 of april to 1 of october about. No snow any more.
                I Will Go to the Audi dealer monday a se What i Can order.

Comment

Spend all Morning under it, trying to fix the aircondition pips again, only to finde out i bought the wrong dryier, the thread on the out going pipe dosen'T fit.
                  Last edited by kokken; 15 June 2019, 14:24. Reason: Add pic.

Comment

This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

There's no shame in the V6's, they have typical 2-valve low-end grunt, respond well to traditional hot-rodding and are cheap. What's not to love?

Tubular Bells .png

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
                        I just used rubber (plastic?) plugs that comes there from factory on non-S cars.
                        What did you use insted of the oem retaining cip to hold down the s2 skirt.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
                          There's no shame in the V6's, they have typical 2-valve low-end grunt, respond well to traditional hot-rodding and are cheap. What's not to love?

Tubular Bells .png
                          They not bad engines .I did have Coupe with 2.6 V6 .once its rolling is not bad but let's be honest on pull away they very lazy .

Comment

Originally posted by piotr View Post

They not bad engines .I did have Coupe with 2.6 V6 .once its rolling is not bad but let's be honest on pull away they very lazy .
                            No sprint, but that is ok. It's the Sound and feel i love.

Comment

Originally posted by kokken View Post

What did you use insted of the oem retaining cip to hold down the s2 skirt.
                              Plastic inserts (4A0 853 379 E) were available new at the dealership, retaining clips (8A0 853 582) came with the skirts when I bought them but you can cut them out from sheet of metal.

Comment

Working...
                              X