Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi URS4 Big Turbo

Hi all,

Been browsing in the background for some time. I'm from beautiful Cape Town, South Africa. I bought my URS4 about 2 years ago. Car was in Johannesburg and had a fried ECU. Had it picked up from local mechanic where the previous owner was. He installed an standalone ecu, Perfect Power XMS5 and converted coil setup to Audi R8 packs. Few other jobs was needed to get engine started and running. Engine was smoking and had a faint knock. So all work was stopped. Some time passed and I decided to ship the S4 home this week. It arrived yesterday.

The plan of action:
    Strip interior and clean it all up. Its super filthy and needs allot of work.
    Remove engine and gearbox, full forge rebuild on motor with GT35 spec turbo, will be running E85 (not used as a daily)
    Gearbox also full rebuild with as many uprated parts as possible.

I would like to document it all as much as I can, so I will be most likely create a Youtube page vids videos of the work and progress. In all aspects I want to do most of it myself with assistance from my dad.

From what I know its a 92/93 model, 6 speed manual with UFO brakes.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Hi guys, quick question. I'm looking at purchasing a set of Bosch EV14 1000cc injectors. Will this be direct fit on stock fuel rail?

Comment

Hi, my setup is more softly and I don't know about those things.

But... be thinking on injectors when don't be openend the engine...

Firstly look at all "big things" and later... later's things.
      photobucket SUCKS
      sigpic

Comment

What turbo is currently installed? Looks like some of KKK hybrid, though hard to tell from the one photo.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by M_GORDON View Post
          Hi, my setup is more softly and I don't know about those things.

But... be thinking on injectors when don't be openend the engine...

Firstly look at all "big things" and later... later's things.
          Well I'm changing the whole setup. So fueling needs to be done. I just want to make sure I get the correct injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
            What turbo is currently installed? Looks like some of KKK hybrid, though hard to tell from the one photo.
            As far as I know its OEM stock turbo.

Comment

Keep us posted with updates. This kind of project can easily go out of your hands very fast and you loose control of it.. haha, how I know..

Anyway. Interesting that it has UFO brakes, so it's basically an euro model.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                Keep us posted with updates. This kind of project can easily go out of your hands very fast and you loose control of it.. haha, how I know..

Anyway. Interesting that it has UFO brakes, so it's basically an euro model.
                Hahahaha, Ive seen your threads.... I will try not to go too crazy! Removing turbo this week. GT35 has already been lined up...….

Comment

Ive got a small issue. Car starts and run fine, however when I switch the car off via the key in ignition it doesn't switch of.... Just keep running like normal. I need to stall the engine for it to switch off.

Anyone else had similar issue?

Comment

That can happen when the alternator back feeds, a diode in the warning lamp can solve this.

You tuner/installer should have caught this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                      That can happen when the alternator back feeds, a diode in the warning lamp can solve this.

You tuner/installer should have caught this.
                      Thanks Bowie, how do you mean the alternator back feeds?

Comment

The slim 3rd wire
                        photobucket SUCKS
                        sigpic

Comment

So bad news, tested compression on engine this weekend. Compression was way low. Added bit of oil and comp jumped up by large margin. Rings are screwed. So will be pulling motor sooner than later.

Also looking at purchasing Audi 80 Coupe body (V6). Transplanting everything over into that body. I prefer the Coupe over the URS4...…

Comment

So small update. Motor pulled this weekend. Time to strip and get some parts:
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Working...
                            X