• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort the mirror fast as it's about to fall out, mine did

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
      Sort the mirror fast as it's about to fall out, mine did
      Already sorted today. New mirror fitted and the element works as well.
      mirror.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
        Nice one!
        You might find the engine a bit more responsive when you fix the boost leak.

Have you checked the DV diaphragm is good, they are often split, usually makes a strange noise though.. just make sure you can pull a vacuum on the actuator port (thin vac line from top off DV).
        I think you are right as it's sound like a dump valve! I remember the S2 had the same issue. I still have a spare one kicking around from the S2 hope it's the same as the 1.8.

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post

I think you are right as it's sound like a dump valve! I remember the S2 had the same issue. I still have a spare one kicking around from the S2 hope it's the same as the 1.8.
          Yes but the TT one is stronger. I have the TT version on the Nothelle
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Just checked the part number and I have the TT version on my S2 as well, so the spare I have here will fit my TT. Happy days.

Comment

• brilliant work and thread
              enjoy the car now
              ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
              THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

• Thanks. Have to say I really am enjoying the TT. It's a very nice little motor (Excluding the stupid crackle map on the car). Had the alignment done on the car today. It was not that far out as I had been driving the car without the alignment done and it felt OK. There is not much to do on the car now. There is a few body issues I will sort out in the summer months and a couple of interior jobs which I will look at tomorrow.

1-ali.jpg

Comment

• One thing I noticed on the TT was the exhaust sounded a little on the loud side. Figured it was just the characteristic of the 225 exhaust. That was until this happened about 2 miles from home
                  pipe.jpg

The pipe where it couples to the CAT section completely snapped off. My god it's loud with only just the cats fitted. Even the spare exhaust I had was showing the same fractures in the same place.
                  2-pipe.jpg

So went to a local exhaust place for a new section of pipe and a couple of sleeves. It's a temporary fix as I will get a new section of pipe made and welded from the centre silencer to the joint with the cat.

Have to say I'm very pleased with the TT. I really do think the MK1 is a good looking car and it's a pleasure to drive. The Eibach springs to make the car firm but not overly crashy, and the suspension and feel of the car is now night and day compared to the old 20 year old / 100K miles suspension it was sitting on.

Next up is to replace any broken / damaged trims that I have found, and then it will be to sort out the body work when the weather improves in the new year. For now the car will just be enjoyed and driven. However as the roads are getting dryer and there is no rain forecast tomorrow, so I may give the S2 a good run to York tomorrow.
                  Last edited by B5NUT; 21 December 2022, 20:27.

Comment

• Doing a fab job mate as always as mentioned earlier by someone this is going to be a superb car when you’ve finished

Comment

• No one is getting this car for the time being. Was going to take the S2 to York yesterday, as it had been dry for the last few days. However, when I got out that morning to take the cover off the car the rain started and it's not really stopped since. So had to take the TT. Was a little disappointed as it's been a good month since I've driven the s2. However, on the other hand the TT did the trip (around 110 mile round trip) and did not miss a beat, so was pleased with that at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X