Mk1 TT Track car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk1 TT Track car

This has been a bit of an ongoing project over the last couple of years. We initially picked up a track ready Mk1 TT and got it roadworthy again as it didn't have side repeaters nor was it running.

After sorting out a coolant leak and blocked coolant pipes, a new cambelt we were up and running and completed about 4 trackdays before cooking it at BrandsHatch where it suffered oil starvation.

Since then we limped that one home and ripped it apart to put parts onto a a newer BAM engined TT as the initial one was the earlier generation.

We are almost at the point of being road worthy now which has taken quite a bit longer than anticipated. I'll add some more details on here over the next few days on where we have got to and progress as we go. I'm sure others will find these useful as the Audi builds are broadly similar.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Comment

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

The car is almost ready for the road again once we get the leaks dealt with.

The rear brake caliper banjo bolt is leaking brake fluid. We have swapped the caliper for a new one as it had seen better days, but it still leaked.

The banjo bolt didnt feel like it was seating properly. New banjo bolt and washers and its still leaking. Next is to get some better quality washers.

On the engine side we found the hard metal waterpipe for coolant to the heater matrix pipes had been leaking for a long time and had rotted. Audi wanted 600 for this pipe, but we managed to get one second hand for 40 that we could tidy up and fit. In the process we found an injector o ring was leaking and a water seal also leaking.

Once all of these are fixed we will be in a place to get all the fluids back in.

In terms of progress so far. The old shell goy stripped and we saved the good bits, sold the weld in cage then set about building up the new shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Greg

Comment

Its turned out to be alot more work as the newer car is a BAM but it had quite a bit of rust we dealt with and a rotten sill. Both sills were full of mud

Greg

Comment

As we started to strip down we found several brake lines needed a refresh and broke as we removed old parts so these have been updated and waxoyled.

Greg

Comment

Engine wise a new baffled sump with guard, mocal oil cooler, silicone water hoses and silicone boost hoses.

Modern coils fitted
                  Washer bottle removed from the wing to allow for the vented wings
                  Big brakes fitted and fully adjustable suspension
                  Uprated rear control arms and bushes
                  Poly bushes up front

Greg

Comment

Li-ion battery fitted and relocated into the back and interior stripped out.

Battery isolator and mega fuse also added

Greg

Comment

Loving the brakes on the car, what setup do you have on the rear?

You don't by chance have any of the original exhaust system kicking around? I'm looking for the CAT heat shields

Comment

The rear discs are similar to https://www.cbauto.co.uk/s4-rear-disk-conversion with standard calipers. There was a similar mod for the S2's.
                        I don't think we saved the other heatshields from the old shell so they are gone unfortunately. I have a stack of other parts that will be going soon so if there are parts you need please let me know.
                        Greg

Comment

Any general pictures of the bits you have left over.

Comment

Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
                            Any general pictures of the bits you have left over.
                            I'll get some at the weekend when I'm working on the car again. Interior trims, exhaust system, brakes, battery box etc. come to mind.
                            Greg

Comment

It's been a little while drive the last update. Since then we have:
                              Got an MOT
                              Sprayed the front wings
                              Got some 18s that fit over the brakes with Nankang ns2r tyres
                              Fitted a safety devices half cage, i did get one from jp cages that was sold as a bolt in but on arrival you needed to weld plates in first to bolt it to. They were really good about it and offered to make a proper boltin but the timings didn't work for when we are using it.

Alongside this tightening everything up now its had a bit of a shakedown and sorting a couple of electrical gremlins.

It had a track focused alignment done last week so we will see how it handles.

A few pics of progress so far

Greg

Comment

Working...
                              X