uR quattro front wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
    Turns out my estimate was bang on (less £20), I used the tried and tested "think of the maximum value I'd stretch to and double it".
    Same here
    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Wow! I bet you were delighted to acquire that, can't be many of those knocking about...

I was going to guess it cost a grand, expensive but a worthy investment.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

It looks like that’s the go to figure for anything rare nowadays. I had an idea I was going to have to part with a bit extra to get something on Saturday in my hand that my bodyman could work with and continue to make progress on the car. I was afraid that with all the post delays if i needed to order stuff it would be after Christmas before he got the bits and then he’d be working on another job I’m on the back burner and you know that aul craic yourself! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d be supplying him with this beauty tonight.
        1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
        2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
        2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

I would love a UR myself, but the rust issues and cost of body panels is enough to put me off, they do look awesome though and I have enjoyed the coupe of spins I've had them very much... I did very nearly purchase a 1988 car back in 2007 but went for a 3B S2 instead, both were local to me and the same sort of money... In hindsight I think I did the right thing as that UR was quite rusty even then.

I'm going to be putting the majority of my time and money into my RS2 once I sell my MK2 G60. The last year has been difficult, having two broken arms one of which is only really healing now, I've not really been able to get stuck into anything.

Still at least I picked the RS2 up back before the prices went mental, got lucky there.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Snap. I bought my 96 S2 in 2013 and nearly bought a uR at that time. Again both were about 4 grand and I went for the S2 because I thought it might need less maintenance. I missed out on a Sport Quattro replica, correct A pillars and all in 2016. I’ve lamented that miss ever since!
            1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
            2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
            2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Working...
            X