My pearl s2 baby finally out after 10 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pearl s2 baby finally out after 10 years

Hi all pearly s2 here long time member on the forum over 14years wow that’s actually crazy,

anyway family owned pearl white s2 from new with black Quattro cloth and couple of subtle mods, I gave car light restoration in early 2000 used it then moved to oz for work, I am back and forth A lot so opened the barn and dragged her out of storage she started first turn with a new battery, will be doing all belts and fluids and injector cleaned and stuff in next few months.

would love some info and help with the fuel gauge sender unit can I get this from another model or aftermarket as it’s all Corroded from bad fuel, hard to find an S2 wrecking in Scotland, also the dreaded white cluster is peeling and curling Any information is appreciated thank you fellow s2 lovers.

warmest regards
    callum IMG_8077.jpeg
    Attached Files

Looks nice. We could use a good project thread. Not many on going at the moment.
    You can get new white faces for your cluster from Xtuners in Hungary. Not too difficult to swap. There is a guide here if you search. Try Audi for your sender. If they can't help, they will give you the correct part number and let you know what other models it was fitted to.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by pearlys2 View Post
      Hi all pearly s2 here long time member on the forum over 14years wow that’s actually crazy,

anyway family owned pearl white s2 from new with black Quattro cloth and couple of subtle mods, I gave car light restoration in early 2000 used it then moved to oz for work, I am back and forth A lot so opened the barn and dragged her out of storage she started first turn with a new battery, will be doing all belts and fluids and injector cleaned and stuff in next few months.

would love some info and help with the fuel gauge sender unit can I get this from another model or aftermarket as it’s all Corroded from bad fuel, hard to find an S2 wrecking in Scotland, also the dreaded white cluster is peeling and curling Any information is appreciated thank you fellow s2 lovers.

warmest regards
      callum IMG_8077.jpeg
      Wow that’s gorgeous will be keeping an eye on this thread. Adore the colour

Comment

The white faces can be easy to do. Although this depends on the year ! Some off the speedo needels are held with a coiled wire as a few are aware off.I beleve 93 and early 94 are easy to do. Tractor Dave maybe able to confirm this.

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
          The white faces can be easy to do. Although this depends on the year ! Some off the speedo needels are held with a coiled wire as a few are aware off.I beleve 93 and early 94 are easy to do. Tractor Dave maybe able to confirm this.
          Already seen the old type screws on the faces so easy to do
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

May I ask what plate (year) it is?

Comment

Hi Pearly, I have a spare fuel sender from my Avant, I bought a new one from Audi Tradition then found out it wasn't broken..
              I don't know if it's the same part for the coupe though so you'd need to check part numbers. I will search it out from the shed in the next day or so.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pow3rL3ss View Post
                May I ask what plate (year) it is?
                I'd guess R plate, late 92 or 93?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Hi guys it’s had a dateless private moved between a few different family vehicles, it’s still my same family baby, anyway here is a few updates.

i want to say huge thank you you to Bradley sharp not sure if he is on here, and Pete at Quattro corner for assistance I am nearly there.

also does lots of you guys use the Facebook or are is here still as good,

anyway one owner pearly s2 3b will be alive soon.
                  Attached Files

Comment

How do I upload videos from my iPhone guys any help appreciated ??

Comment

Hi Pearly, can't help with the I-Phone specifically as I don't use any Apple devices but find the App TapaTalk to be pretty good for uploading photos on Android, you need to do them as attachments.

If you still need a fuel level sender I have a couple of Coupe ones, that pump looks like one out of an ABY Coupe as opposed to the 60mm diameter ones normally found in 3B's, is your car a late example?
                      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

No expert but think you have to upload to YouTube then paste the link.
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Yeah, Now Dave has said it I think YouTube upload is the way I've seen others link to a video.
                          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Yeah I think the videos files are just too large I will have to remember take more pictures from now on than videos, got a nice new fuel hose made up at my hydraulic hose guy ?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hey guys well she’s alive after some messing around, I’m going to have a go
                              at uploading some videos and links later

does anyone make aftermarket fuel lines yet or is it case of gathering fitting and things there all rotten out and leaking dangerousssss ?

Comment

Working...
                              X