No announcement yet.

Coupe gt Quattro conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have made the front bumper arround the intercooler and the pipe, but also without changing the to much from her original look. For the money spent that was the best choise.

Comment

Today I succeed to install the AWW V8 5 speed gearbox, not without problems ofcourse, related to the oil pump and turbo down pipe clearance. But I succeed to solve the clearance problems and now is runing fine, thanks God. Ill post some other pictures thursday.
      All the best!
      Eugen

Comment

was it hard too get the audi 5 engine too fit the v8 gearbox?
        did the mounts fit?
        what about the engine mounts and clutch?

thanks
        I Own a Type 85 Coupe Quattro, but its currently in the garage getting teard apart.

Comment

looks much nicer in the flesh, and the first picture shows the bumper at a bit of a funny angle.... looks good, and especially nice next to an S2 coupe.......
          Not many of these around here....
          A huge amount of work has gone into this conversion, made much harder by the lack of donor vehicles over here... mucho respecto....
          Chris

Last edited by LHD_Kid; 10 September 2007, 08:56.
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

After 5 years work I need some appreciations for me to keep going further.
            Thank You!
            Eugen

Comment

Whine

sorry too whine, but could you answer my question above.
              Im in a bit of a hurry.

(was it hard too get the v8 transmission/gearbox too fit?)
              Thanks
              I Own a Type 85 Coupe Quattro, but its currently in the garage getting teard apart.

Comment

v8 trans

The AWW gearbox has the same housing like the old quattro trans mounted on old coupe quattro, 200 quattro, 100 quattro plus the torsen diff and oil pump. So the suports are the same as for the old coupe/80/90 quattro. (3 bolts) From the right side support I had to cut out the downpipe suport because the oil pump. Also I had to modify a little bit the downpipe to pass the oil pump.( the pipe is S2 original). I will make some pictures with the cut and supports and oil line from the pump to the center diff. About the clutch, is the 200 Q 20V turbo flyweel because the central bearing should be located in the crankshaft (same bearing as the S2) but not in the flyweel, S2 clutch disk and 200 q clutch pressure plate (same as S2).The release bearing is the same as S2. Take in consideration the fact that if you have the s2 gear linkage then the gears will be opposite , unless you find a way to fit the S2 6speed gear linkage to have normal gears( First in left and front) otherways you will have First gear in left rear.
                Hope this helps!
                If you have more questions please tell me!

Eugen

Comment

Sorry red Tornado you will have no problems with the gearbox because you can use the supports and gear linkage from the old transmision. You have 85 quattro. The propshaft is the same also. The only problem you will have is the because the oil pump, but i am sure you will find a way to solve these problems. Don't plug the oil pump becuse will blowoff. Ill post some pictures with the pipe i have done from the V8 pipes.
                  All the best!
                  Eugen

Comment

so the mounts are the same as the 85 quattro and the transmission goes right on the 20v/10v with no problems.

but what about the rear diff can i use the old one?

if i can get a yes on all of those i may be a V8 gearcase owner!
                    Thanks

Comment

Cars looking nice there, you planning on lowering it anymore and fitting bigger rims?

This was my one on 17's lowered

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...l/DCP_1368.jpg

Comment

I am tryng now to buy the kw coilovers, so I might be able to lower'it but with bigger rims is dificult for 2 reasons, 1 because the roads (not good) and 2 because the police ( i have no right to have different rims and tires like was originaly mounted on the vehicle . Will see. Thanks for the picture. If you noticed my fenders are a little bit inflated.
                        How was for you the fender clearence in the rear with those rims? I have 225/45/17 tyres.
                        Thank you!
                        Eugen

Comment

It was lowered around 40-60 ish mill on 17's no problems, think the fronts sometimes just caught but nothing major, should be even easier on coilovers.

Comment

I have some small contact in the back at full load (changing gears fast) with the rear fender. I dont know what to do.

Comment

IIRC I was running 215 tyres all round 215/40/r17 (possibly 215/45r17 been a while since I had it) so its possible your tyres are slightly too wide, plus I had the bonus because mine was 4 stud (not sure if yours still is) I was running ford alloys as they was easier and cheaper to get hold of.

You could being careful bend the lip on the rear arches so it don't catch as much there, i've had it done on a couple of cars no problem.

Comment

What ET had your 17 rims? Maibe this is the reason why is touching to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X