Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 5/112 entire S2 suspension and steering. No servotronic

Comment

Hmmm tbh not 100% sure, basic ford fitment iirc. Tbh to find out where your wheels are catching get a couple of your mates to sit in the boot whilst you watch the wheels and see where it catches, cheaper and easier than changing the wheels and lets you see what it would look like with your coilovers on

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
        get a couple of your mates to sit in the boot whilst you watch the wheels
        What you need is one or more heavy friends.... not sure where you might find anyone matching that description round here......
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

hey I ain't that fat

*Goes and finds gym subscription and contemplates taking it out of s2 upgrade fund*

nah

Comment

All Audi guys in Romania are thin like snow wite
            I'll put more insight mi trunk when i will have more space in it

Comment

Anyhow my seats are from an BMW coupe 3 series so are a little higher then original. For my 1,65 m heigt are supper.

Comment

I have some other pictures from under the car wher i whelded the tunnel but I dont know how to make them smaller! Can you tell me please?

Comment

Red Tornado, the final ratio for the V8 AWW gearbox is 4,11/1, check your rear diff code because there are some rear diffs with 3,86/1 and you will damage the center torsen diff. insight the gearbox. Tell me the rear diff code and I can tell you what ratio you have.
                  All the best!
                  Eugen

Comment

I'd like to point something out here. The AWW transmission is quite a b@$tard. It is a 016 indeed, so mouning it into a type 85 or B3 is npt a problem - just use URQ/T85 mounts and a URQ/85 propshaft (well, a 6-speed S2 prop will also work) and it fits right in - I've done it to my car! The tricky bit is the linkage as there is NO linkage that bolts right up. You need to fab something up here! 016's have a 5-pot bolt pattern so the IL5 will bolt up - beware though, 016's from Audi 80GTEQ and Audi 100 4-pot will NOT bolt up to 5-pot or v8!

Many people have done this in the past, check out www.motorgeek.com for more details.

The interesting thing about the AWW is the fact that the input shaft in it has the same spline as the 01A and 01E - not a problem, just something you should think about. The "normal" 016 input shaft is not much beefier than a straw whereas the AWW shaft that looks much more like it's up for the task... Any task really!

Another thing you will realize once it's bolted to the car is that the bellhousing, allthough not separate like on some brands, is at least 50mm longer pushing the diff back alot - this means that your driveshafts will be angled forward compared to the 01A/01E. Again - in a stock application this is not a problem BUT if you plan to do a engine setback or some advanced geometry on your suspension, beware of this fact - you might end up mottoming out the joints - not a good thing.

Sum up: Interesting choice of 'box, will force you to be creative with the gearlinkage (pivorpoint needs to be at the bottom of the shifter, not in the middle of the stick like on a S2) but it is the strongest 016 avaliable... A nice thing about the diff pushed back is the fact that center of gravity is enhanced.

Oh and - I have a 016 in my B3, mounted it yesterday!
                    Last edited by Henka; 11 September 2007, 12:29.

Comment

aww gearbox

Thank You for the answer. I didin't noticed the diference in the lenght of the bellhousing! The gear shift linkage is the same as the 85 quattro so those will fit perfect. For the S2 is needed some fabrication indeed. Can you explain more about the 5 bolt pattern versus 4 bolt one I didin't understand. Please!
                      Thank You!
                      Eugen

Comment

The 4-cylinder and 5-cylinder cars do not share bolt pattern - you see this clearly when you look at a 01A gearbox as it has dual bolt patterns. However, this is something that ws introduced with the 01A gearbox. Before this, late 1988 for Audi 100/200 and before B3 80/90 was introduced, Audi separated the gearboxes between cars with 4- and 5-cylinder cars. The 4-cyl has one pattern, the 5-cyl got another.

Calling it a 5-cylinder pattern is actually a bit wrong as 5-cyl, V6 and V8 all carry the same pattern. The reason it is called 5-cyl is that it was first introduced with the 5-cyl cars!

Oh and... Note that this is in reference to the bolt pattern between the engine and gearbox!!

The reason I mentioned the stuff about the linkage was in reference to Tornados question - I wasn't sure what car he was asking about so I thought I'd post about the most difficult one - 016 into B3-body. I realize now that I should have looked once again as he states he has a T85!

Comment

Thank You Henka! Good things never thinking at that bell housing to be diferent. Looks so similar with the other ones. The internals have also some changings at the 5 gear and the hubs also. I have the S2 tunnel mounted so my gears are opposite for the moment. Ill try to find a way to modify the gear linkage to have the first gear in left and front. For the moment is ok, i have get used with that. I see that you have a lot of experience with the gearboxes, what do you think about the aww? Is strong enough? Because i have changed till now 3 quattro trans. I have changed to this also the sincro rings and oil seals. Hope this will stand more then the others.
                          Thank You very much!
                          Eugen

Comment

What gearboxes have you used before and what broke down in them?

Comment

The S2 ARV with center diff damage after spending a lot of money in pinions and sincro rings and oil seals and supports this one had 200k km. And the second one was the AAJ but this one is strong, the problem with this one was the 2 gear mobile pinion bearing damage. I dont know what hapend, the bearing under the pinion was gone. Maybe befor me she had some tough life maibe without oil. I dont know i changed also at this one the oilseals. Now I hope this one to be better. I have changed also on the AWW the syncro rings and oilseals. Will see All helps are welcome!
                              Thank You!
                              Eugen

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
                                I have some other pictures from under the car wher i whelded the tunnel but I dont know how to make them smaller! Can you tell me please?
                                http://www.resize2mail.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X