No announcement yet.

Audi S2 3B back on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work... Keep on going, the cleaning has been done very well. Like to see the result

Comment

Well today was more cleaning

Chef tip : Surf washing powder..make into paste with water and apply to all areas with grease ,dirt so on and rinse..

Applied the mix to the engine bay and wiped down

Off tomorrow so building up manifolds and turbo and changing gaiter on steering rack
      93 S2 Avant Parting
      91 URQ RR
      02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

good work steve, touch of fabric conditioner would have given it a wee extra sparkle though (valeters tip)

Comment

Excellent Eric ..probably saved drying my hands out to..It was Lemon fresh Surf so the engine bay smells good
          93 S2 Avant Parting
          91 URQ RR
          02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

lol @ you two, still good tips, i've got this to come after the engine comes out on the 21st, aelred said about using traffic film remover so will try both and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
              lol @ you two, still good tips, i've got this to come after the engine comes out on the 21st, aelred said about using traffic film remover so will try both and see what happens.
              tfr's ok , but with something you're trying to get back to paint or bare metal you need something a bit more toxic like, petrol, diesel, soft drinks etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ericd View Post
                tfr's ok , but with something you're trying to get back to paint or bare metal you need something a bit more toxic like, petrol, diesel, soft drinks etc.
                I'll be looking to get back to the normal paint (or whats left of it under that grease/dirt) could do soft drinks as the amount of coke I get thru is untrue, plus a 2 litre bottle's cheap enough.

Comment

Steve, did you not have any deepeo?
                  Chef

Comment

No ..we have a very crazy health and safety person onsite ..We have a good oven cleaner which i use on the wheels
                    93 S2 Avant Parting
                    91 URQ RR
                    02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Well i have this week off and working on the motor 2 days soild hopefully to get it back together

Went a bit daft with the enamel paint while waiting for parts to arrive

RS2 turbo with a difference

breather pipe got a lick of paint to

EM arrived

So getting on with things will be putting engine back in tomorrow and hopefully by thursday i will be starting the car
                      93 S2 Avant Parting
                      91 URQ RR
                      02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Great work mate, its really coing together now

Marine Clean is an amazingly good cleaner, i never bother with anything else now
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Holy cow ...That does look good ..on the shopping list
                          93 S2 Avant Parting
                          91 URQ RR
                          02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

get the biggest bottle, you'll use it on everything after one go

works best mixed about 3:1 with almost boiling water i've found
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Excellent ...will do
                              93 S2 Avant Parting
                              91 URQ RR
                              02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Today has been good to a degree

I started off with good intentions with fitting the AAN manifold and playing about with rad so but got really pissed of as one thing after the other needed moved or replaced with something else that i had not accounted for ...so I have stuck on the Orginal IM and sending the AAN to get chopped and intake moved to make much easier access without all the hassle of rads mounts,hoses so on

So got the engine in ..all bolted up wiring at the back has been tidied up and fitted just the front end really left to do and she is a go'er

93 S2 Avant Parting
                                91 URQ RR
                                02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X