X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '86 90q ABY 280+bhp

Have been meaning to start this thread for a while now

1986 90 quattro,Kv lump and box were removed and sold a few months back

car is in really good nick apart from a few bits here and there which will be getting sorted out in a couple of months at a mates paint shop.

last pictures shows its current state,next job is to get on with making a custom intercooler and rip the old loom out,head is going away soon for a valve job/porting.
    Last edited by spink; 12 July 2010, 02:44.

the head is put to a 10 v block ?

Comment

Its good to finaly see some pictures of your project on here. I'm realy looking foward to watching your progress with this. That is the quattro I'd have above all others
      cheers
      Mike

Comment

photobucket SUCKS
        sigpic

Comment

Nice work. Wish I'd had the time and money to do this to my 90q. Should be great when all done. What box are you going to run? Original?
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by nemilosu View Post
            the head is put to a 10 v block ?
            no it is a S2 ABY block,original engine was removed and sold several months ago now.

Comment

Well, it´s a ABY with a 7a, not?
              photobucket SUCKS
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                Nice work. Wish I'd had the time and money to do this to my 90q. Should be great when all done. What box are you going to run? Original?
                no orginal box was taken out, this box is off a 1990 200 20v 3B.Only mod i had to do was to swap the speedo drives over(cable on 90,electronic on 200) which was actually very easy.

Comment

Originally posted by M_GORDON View Post
                  Well, it´s a ABY with a 7a, not?
                  yes it is a 7a head but i machined the water manifold holes and welded on a hall sender mount to it so it is now exactly the same as the head of any ABY,i will put up some pictures of the process sometime.7a heads are always in much better condition than the turbo heads.

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
                    yes it is a 7a head but i machined the water manifold holes and welded on a hall sender mount to it so it is now exactly the same as the head of any ABY,i will put up some pictures of the process sometime.7a heads are always in much better condition than the turbo heads.
                    Ok ok!
                    photobucket SUCKS
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
                      no orginal box was taken out, this box is off a 1990 200 20v 3B.Only mod i had to do was to swap the speedo drives over(cable on 90,electronic on 200) which was actually very easy.
                      Good stuff. OE box is rather short ratios. Interesting to know that a 200 box fits. Did you have to swap over the ouput flanges? Had to do that fitting 100box into a 90q, and reposition the gear linkage a bit.
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey View Post
                        Good stuff. OE box is rather short ratios. Interesting to know that a 200 box fits. Did you have to swap over the ouput flanges? Had to do that fitting 100box into a 90q, and reposition the gear linkage a bit.
                        well,1st and 2nd are the same but 3-4-5 are more agreeable.I used to have a '86 100 with a S2 3b engine which had a 10v non turbo box on it and although it was very quick it sounded like you were red lining most of the time.

Yes output flanges on the 200 box were the 108mm variety so swapped them over for the 90'si needed to take one of them out anyway to change the speedo drive(put in some new oil seals aswell)
                        I transfered the linkage directly over from the 90's box so should be a straight fit(havn't connected it to the gearlever yet)

Comment

One problem I ran into was that the balljoint on the 100 box for the cross bar was in a different place. Spent 2 hours scratching my head over that one before I worked it out! Worth checking
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Nice project James! The car looks to be in really good nick too

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

So you finally got some pictures/info up of this one

will be interesting to see what it goes like once done and don't recall that picture of the s8 on the car to the one you sent me

looked good on the s8's think you need a set now

Comment

Working...
                              X