buiding a 350+ BHP audi S2 Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buiding a 350+ BHP audi S2 Sedan

So I just introduced myself, to find some info and because I'm an audi freak. Maybe it's fun to share my project here, too. With a friend of mine, I'm building an audi S2 sedan, a model of wich only 306 have been made. As far as I can find out, there's none in the Netherlands currently, so we have a pretty rare car here.

As base we use an audi 80 competition, wich allready has S2 bumpers stock. But that's where the stock story ends. We have an audi S2 coupé, with a 3B engine. We completely stripped the S2 (it was allready broken and quite stripped), took the engine out to replace some parts (integrated engineering rods, ligt flywheel (5.3 kg), RS2 injectors, RS2 exhaust manifold, brand new RS2 kkk24/7200 turbo, etc) and also the gear box wich will have a new, stronger clutch. We also exchange the axles, and the rear axles will be from a S2 avant (we allready have them). The braking system will also completely be exchanged, and we allready have big porsche brakes for 323mm brake disks.

Well, it's a really long story, but we are now at the point where the engine will be put back together, but first the whole crankshaft with rods, pistons, pully, flywheel and clutch have to be balanced for smooth riding. That will happen soon. In the meanwhile, we'll exchange the cabletree (don't know the english word, it's a liturally translation), wich is quite nasty work. Luckaly we've labelled all connectors.

Well, that's it for so far, some pictures with it will show the progress. It 10 pix each post so I'll post some more posts.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Joris; 14 November 2010, 18:56.

Some more... The green competition is the one we're now upgrading. Pictures are quite randomly chosen, because my download is complete and I want to go check a movie . I hope they are clear. The first one is fitting the 3B gearbox in the competition, to check if it fits into place and onto the cardan axle (luckaly, it does ). We'll take it out and assemble it to the engine when that one is ready.
    Attached Files

Comment

uhh Joris isn't the competition black coloured instead of green?

Comment

If it is a true compy cant be green

nice project btw.
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

No really, the green one is an original dutch competition... It's the same one as in the second post, it looks black but that's because of the bad camera.

Comment

Competitions only came in red, silver and black (audi sport colours). if it is green, it is a fake.
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Hehe, it's a true competition. Has also the 2.0 16V engine on the car papers, quattro interior, competition badge, competition spoiler, etc. I have seen at least 5 (!!) more competitions in the Netherlands with this colour. So you're wrong. Comp on the audiforum and another comp on the audiforum and one more. One more drives around here in the neigbourhood, with this colour. Here's one for sale in that colour.

Comment

Then they are black, not green. There was no green compi ever, and i am not wrong. I guess in the Netherlands you smoke too much "green", and therefore you see all colours green. That could be one explaination.

p.s.: get the colour code and we will see who is wrong
                Audi Quattro WR

Comment

They are officially all black, yes. But it looks green, so the original black has turned greenish over the years . But no doubt it's original

Comment

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Heheh, yeah it's the vulkanschwarz. I don't really care about the colour to be honest, was just replying the questions above when someone mentioned it was green... So that was to keep it simple. It just looks good on it, but the topic is not really for discussing the colour but talking about the project . If it's about colour, I'm still wondering about the colour for the engine (Silver or black)...

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23 View Post
                        I guess in the Netherlands you smoke too much "green", and therefore you see all colours green. That could be one explaination.
                        ROFLMAO post of the day mate!

Comment

Achjee, patrick ook al hier

Comment

Originally posted by Joris View Post
                            Achjee, patrick ook al hier
                            iets eerder dan jij ook al ja

Comment

Minor update... Balanced clutch just entered the building. Soon, the whole crankshaft thingy will be balanced (rods, crankshaft, pistons, flywheel, clutch etc) en the engine will be put together
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X