No announcement yet.

Project: 4000CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great project and coming along nicely. I'm sure you will get pleasure from driving when all finishished. It's great to see another typ85 being properly sorted.
    Keep us posted
    Chris
    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

do you have more pictures of the steering servo pump bracket how it is modified to fit the pump in the place with AAN inlet manifold
      audiScars

Comment

Needed to take out the pump a bit, so I made some shims. Then I made new holes in the metall plates. I made a new metall plate on the backside to get it further away so that it doesn't make contact with the water pipe. The adjustment piece is lengthened and conected to one of the watrepump screws.
        Attached Files

Comment

Today we started to map the car. A few pipes blew of at 2 bar but that was sorted out fast. Biggest problem was that the fuel pump was too small, new 044 is on the buy now list, and then the alternator broke down. At the end a safe map was made until a new fuel pump and alternator bought so that the car can be driven.

Here is a pic of TC support.
          Attached Files

Comment

I think every person should change the OEM fuel pump for a 044 Bosch, even if it's a stock S2. Just to avoid problems

Comment

Some updates. Car is now mapped with the new fuel pump and alternator, Don't have any figures but it pulls very nice Would like to take the car to a dyno but don't have the time at the moment.

Installed a s2 rarb, and the car feels now much more stable.

Comment

Forgot the pics
                Attached Files

Comment

Some updates: Got some slightly used bilsteins from a forum member together with track density top mounts, together with powerflex bushings all around. Havent tried the car yet because I found a big crack in the china EM and just being welded.
                  I also got the revcounter working (ECU pin40 straight to black/red behind the dash) but there is still something strange because it starts to jump up and down after 5000rpm.

Comment

Summer is at its end and now I finally got the car to a dyno. I was hoping for 400hp from the engine but I got 280,4 kW from the wheels so I'm satisfied
                    Boost pressure at the dyno was only 1.9bar, on the road it is 2.3bar on 4:th gear. This is propably because the rollers are too light, at least according to the teacher at the school. So the power could be a little higher but who cares.

Only thing I that bothers me is the dip when the boost comes on. For some reason it goes rich 10.5 (maybe FPR?). You can feel this also, small hesitation and then all the power comes on.
                    I regret that I didn't do a pull on 5:th gear. This hesitation can't be felt on 5:th gear.
                    Attached Files

Comment

What turbo are you running? seems to boost late compared to the KW/HP numbers you posted.

Comment

Nice car. Great project. I see you said 3B but I see an ABY or AAN head, ABY cam cover and AAN intake manifold. Is that correct? Is the AAN head an early one with the Hall Sender in "tuna can" dizzy attached to the rear of the head? (I don't see the G40 wiring at the front).

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Engine specs are following

3B block, first oversize
                          Je pistons 8.5 CR
                          Flywheel from 220V
                          AAN head slightly ported with new seat angles and shorter guides
                          AAN cams with RS2 camwheel and waterpump
                          AAN inlet manifold
                          Turbonetics T3/T4 Series - T04E 50 / Stage 3 .63AR
                          3" pipe all the way
                          China stainless steel manifold
                          Siemens Deka 006 injectors
                          Motronic

No dizzy at the rear of the head.
                          Last edited by ur-s4315; 12 October 2011, 19:21.

Comment

Originally posted by ur-s4315 View Post
                            Engine specs are following

3B block, first oversize
                            Je pistons 8.5 CR
                            Flywheel from 220V
                            AAN head slightly ported with new seat angles and shorter guides
                            AAN cams with RS2 camwheel and waterpump
                            AAN inlet manifold
                            Turbonetics T3/T4 Series - T04E 50 / Stage 3 .63AR
                            3" pipe all the way
                            China stainless steel manifold

No dizzy at the rear of the head.
                            That might be the answer to the late spool

It runs a T4 twin scroll turbo?

Comment

Could be but it was a bargain from ebay

It's this one, T3 single entry

http://www.turbochargers.com/store/p...a78c5aead4984b

Comment

Thanks for the specs. I still can't see the G40 Hall Sender wiring at the front (but it must be there then). Cam cover looks to by ABY or ADU because of the "L" shaped tube for the PCV system at the front exhaust side (and the slope of the cover on the front intake side).

I *think*
                                RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
                                X