No announcement yet.

Project: 4000CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at the right lower corner of the cam cover, black wire goes to the connector. Cam cover could be from a ABY, I had two of these but this was in better condition so I used this one.

Comment

Before changing to vintertyres I made a few runs with racechrono. I don't how reliable it is but still.
      80-120 = 2.6sec
      60-160 = 7.5sec

Comment

I will be crying for a week or so, but I had to let go my daily driver the RS2. I have owned it for 4,5 years and it became a little to small for the whole family. I bought the car from mcpmotorsport and this article M5 vs RS2 is from my car.(http://www.mcpmotorsport.com/press--testimonials.htmlis). The car has worked well and never let me down. Of course I have spend "some" money on it but it has been worth it. I think it found it self a new good home.

Now when the RS2 is gone I will have some time to fix the small things that has bothered me on this 4000q project.
        And of course when something starts to be ready there is allways something new waiting around the corner...
        Attached Files

Comment

Just read your thread, nice Audi 90, I'll be crying for a week that you had to sell your daily RS2.

For me, there would have to have been another way.

Also not a GT Coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by ur-s4315 View Post
            .... it became a little to small for the whole family. ...
            how large is your family? I managed for many years with an S2 coupé and a typ85 coupé quattro for my family of 4. the typ85 was the daily drive

Comment

Nice project. I havn't seen this thread before... I saw that your dyno plot was taken in this town I live in.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

nice project!

Those S2 front calipers, did you fit them on the original strut? How did you solve it with the differring boltmeasures in the strut for the brakeholder? also which A4 model was the disc from?
                sigpic
                80 quattro 1984..... S2 sedan 1994

Zermatt silver......... Brilliant black

Comment

Well actually I didn't need to sell it, but I like to have something cheaper now when the children are small and there is icecream, mud on the seats and they make scratches and so on. I will also start driving a little more so a diesel is prefered and the backseat is small on these cars.

Its not a GT coupe, its a coupe quattro

Thuppu, I think you saw my back plates several times last summer at Kemora:mischeif:, but locking at your project it is propably the otherway next year.

The front calipers have a 5mm spacer. Spacer is connected to the strut with inset screws because the caliper goes over these screws a bit. A picture would tell but I don't have one at the moment. Discs are from a a4 -98, with redrilled bolt pattern.

Comment

A small update. Took the car out of the garage a few weeks back just so that the MOT doesn't expire. They realised that both front wheel bearings were finished. i have changed bearings on all wheels now 2 times over the last 2 years. Could it be that the toyo r888 + 60 track laps + 5000km normal driving is too much for these small bearings?
                    Otherwise the car is good and I hope it will last another year without any problems. Have to say this car been one of the reliable cars I have ever had (knock knock).
                    Also changed the rear spring for stiffer ones. I put the spax front lowering springs that was ment for a 4cyl engine in the back. It raised the car by 1-2cm but its much stiffer and it was also too low in the back before, so it looks much better now.

Comment

time pics then

Comment

Here is a picture but it's a little dark.

Sold this car last week. I will regret it this summer but I had to let it go because there is no room in the garage next winter.
                        Attached Files

Comment

And a small teaser from the new project that will replace the 4000CS
                          Attached Files

Comment

You keep selling the wrong car.

Good luck with the new project.

Comment

Working...
                            X