• Show
Clear All

• Dan McBoost's CQ -> S2/RS2 Project - NY USA

This:

Had this in the back:

And brought it from MN USA, to my street:

I was sick all weekend, so I got behind:

And backed it into its new home in NY:

In a week or two I will get some real shots of it These are to tease.

Cheers and I am so glad to be part of this board!
    Last edited by Dan McBoost; 2 February 2012, 17:26.

welcome,
    is this the one already converted with an aan? nice collection youve got there by the looks of it
    Gav
    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

A found an enthuisiast on motorgeek.com and I qualified to own his beauty. He sold it to me and I picked up where he left off.

To start this topic a link to his project page:
      http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/view...227&highlight=

A photo of it as I bought it:

First things first. Removed all stickers and the pin strip (cell phone pic):

Dropped my car off to the master of paint (my talented friend that painted my A8 ) for a once over and painting the bumper. All I can say is that I am a picky mother ****er and every time I bring something to him, he eclipses what I thought was "good" and I always walk away blown away..

As of last night:

Tomorrow I will be wiring up the city lights and RS2 blinkers to fill those holes. The factory fog light molex is the same plug as the RS2 ones. Nice.

I found a place that has OEM RS2 lights in stock and I will be ordering them within a week. Just waiting to hear back on how they accept payment.

An update as of a few mins ago:

Lights are all in and working. Next up placing the order for the RS2 headlights.

Comment

Should be a nice project, whats the spec of it at present, did he get the engine in etc before you had it?

Comment

Nope, stock 20V so far. The engine is one of the many things on my list of things to do. Thanks.

Comment

I'm kind of surprised at the lack of responses here
            Last edited by Dan McBoost; 2 February 2012, 14:02.

Comment

the time zones are different so if no1 is signed on and the thread drops then no one will see it...plus most of the users here are members on other forums and have prob seen it
              Pete
              Audi 90 Quattro (typ B4)
              AAN swap in progress

Comment

Yeah - that can be an issue... A lot of people generally use the front page to see whats fresh so it is possible to miss some threads alright.

This one would get more attraction as an entry in the projects area with a suitable title that explains the scope of it.

Welcome though - its Easter holidays here too so a lot of people disappear for the weekend or longer. Just about to head out into the sunshine myself

Good luck with the project... Anyone doing these in the US needs all the help and encouragement they can get. Like we think its hard sourcing parts in the UK sometimes !!!!!!
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Nice pics
                  keep up the good work it will look much better with D.E lights
                  There is a Carbon hood on that car ?:mischeif:
                  RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Comment

Welcome to the board, I hope you find it as useful as I have over my years of S2 ownership! Looks like you've got a good project added to your collection there and got it all planned out

Must be fun owning such a stand out car over there in the States, good luck on sourcing parts - I'm sure its possible, just probably not as simple as it is for us UK/EU based owners!

Welcome to the fold
                    Audi 80 S2 Nothelle N300 Avant, 1993, Amethyst Pearl VW/Audi Car Magazine article about this very car
                    Audi A6 Avant 2.5 TDi, 1995, Arctic Silver (now sold)
                    BMW E36 325i Coupe, 1993, Diamond Black (now sold)
                    VW Polo 1.0L 6N, 1998, Red (the missus' car)
                    Aprilia Rs250 motorbike, 1998, Black (the weekend toy)

Comment

Cool car, but cooler garage!
                      I'd kill for a garage that big (yes , really , I'd kill)

Comment

Hello and nice pictures they look very good.
                        and the car also. i like that bonnet. i really do.

Comment

As suggested - move it to the project area, gets a look-in much more often I've been looking through for missed threads over the weekend and only just found this 'coz it was bumped.

Welcome, it's always great to see US S-car projects coming together, especially the RS variety... would be interested to know what you plan on doing engine wise to this.

Good job getting rid of the pinstripes, those were ugly - paint job looks superb - puts me to shame, I've been trying to get my HID headlights and RS2 bumper fitted for weeks and haven't got round to it...
                          Cheers,
                          Ross
                          AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

I didn't noticed that in the States ppl like the old school audis too! ^^
                            Nice Coupe and welcome mate! Take care of it! Cheers!
                            - Looking for a S2
                            - Lancia Dedra HF turbo i.e. (4sale)
                            - Typ89 Coupè quattro, 20Vt AAN, VEMS, K24-7000@1.3bar (scrapped )

sigpic

Comment

WOW thats well nice I must say, impressive!

Comment

Working...
                              X