S2 trackday car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still very nice.

Slowly but surely you are getting there.

Well done, your drives in it will be mega.

Comment

Lovely looking car, you have done a lot of work with it!

Comment

Hey thanks for replies
        Yeah things are slowly getting toghether now,we hope we will get to test the car this year.
        Sachs SRE with 4-puck sinter has just arrived,I guess it will handle about 800Nm's or something?

Engine is now back in,with a 60-2 trigger mounted at the back of the flywheel.Need to order in a new AAN waterpump,before assembly.
        I guess we will wait with setting up the drivetrain/gearbox until we had the startup of the engine.

Also got in some Fuelab stuff a while ago. Prodigy 1000hp pump, and a couple of filters also.Nice looking stuff,and a bit more affordable then the Aeromotive parts.

3 litre catch-can is also in the making.We have to use 3 litres cause of the regulations in the racing class in Norway.

And a picture of the sill stands,as they now are finished.

Comment

I also got the prodigy fuelpump and regulator after the aeromotive failed on my. Its very nice stuf and the veriable pump speed works perfect!
          1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

Originally posted by V6quattro View Post
            I also got the prodigy fuelpump and regulator after the aeromotive failed on my. Its very nice stuf and the veriable pump speed works perfect!
            Nice to hear that this pump works great. So you have wired it for variable pump speed? What advantage does this give?
            I can see there is a way to wire up with a pre-set pump speed ?

Comment

It's closing in

Comment

That looks very impressive, Well done!!

Comment

wow..... beautiful!

Comment

Awesome build, down to the details. I'm especially impressed with your custom water manifold, interesting idea.
                    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                    2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                    2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                    1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                    1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

• Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                      Awesome build, down to the details. I'm especially impressed with your custom water manifold, interesting idea.
                      Yeah its not like we're in a hurry exactly,so we have time for a bit of details

Regarding the water manifold,we will remove the silicone hoses and weld in some alu.pipes instead.

Comment

• Water manifold is sorted out, and we are up and running on the electrical side..
                        Now we need a couple of Fragola fittings and a water pump at the engine,and then we are set for a startup
                        Dashboard is now sent away for flocking,cant wait.

Comment

• Engine is now up and running,after some minor issues with some sensor wiring.
                          Filled approximately 20 litres of water, and the cooling system now seems water tight.Fuel system also sorted out,but fuel pump is very noisy.
                          I guess we get rid of this when finishing the firewall at the rear.
                          Made some new water lines for the heater.Bought a small one off this motorsport type.
                          Seems like the next thing on the to-do list is front screen,gearbox and driveshafts before we are ready for the dyno.
                          uploadfromtaptalk1442313337740.jpg
                          uploadfromtaptalk1442312840125.jpg
                          uploadfromtaptalk1442313404811.jpg

Sent fra min E6553 via Tapatalk

Comment

• Car finally lifted down on its wheels.Brakes is finished.
                            Audi 200 vented discs at the back,and RS2 Brembo rears on S2 discs in the Front.
                            Dyno in a 3 weeks time,and ice track racing the weekend after.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• AEM Infinity ECU - satisfying?
                              [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

• Originally posted by blackS2 View Post
                                AEM Infinity ECU - satisfying?
                                A couple of task in the software is quite difficult to understand,as they call some tasks differently than the other aftermarket ECUs. I think there is still some bugs to be sorted out, but the potential of this ECU is big.

Sent fra min E6553 via Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X