Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willg54
    replied
    New wings being fitted and a dent in the sill nicely pulled out.
    Progressing!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Leave a comment:

• rynaqui
    replied
    Cool wheels! I'm glad to see everyone has got some work going on with their S2s as of late

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    Niiiice

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    New rims have arrived!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    She's gone in! Going to be an exciting wait.

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Originally posted by newsh View Post

Don’t forget to drill the holes before the wings are painted! ( guess who didn’t.. )
    Ouch, not what you want to find when putting them back on!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Originally posted by psiconauta911 View Post
    You should come to Portugal on vacations and have the car painted here, in the oficial Audi body shop won´t cost more than 3,000 € to get the car painted and probably half of that outside the oficial network!
    Book it in advance and for that kind of money you can spend two weeks sun bathing in Algarve in a 5 stars resort while your car gets painted an still have some change for lobster and wine!
    Told the misses about this... That was a bad idea

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Originally posted by willg54
    Keep the clear ones I have
    Don’t forget to drill the holes before the wings are painted! ( guess who didn’t.. )

Leave a comment:

• psiconauta911
    replied
    You should come to Portugal on vacations and have the car painted here, in the oficial Audi body shop won´t cost more than 3,000 € to get the car painted and probably half of that outside the oficial network!
    Book it in advance and for that kind of money you can spend two weeks sun bathing in Algarve in a 5 stars resort while your car gets painted an still have some change for lobster and wine!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Unfortunately they all want 10k +. And most still take it back to metal.

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    I would suggest that this is not the case, otherwise you would never be able to do paint repairs.
    Hence my suggestion earlier to take the car to someone who knows them well.

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Interesting, most info has been to take it back as the old primer often reacts with the new paint. But you do make a good point about the galvanised body.

Leave a comment:

• Error404
    replied
    Good to hear you are making progress Will
    I would strongly suggest not going back to bare metal. Sure the painter will prefer it as its a nice place to start and but don't forget the shell is galvanised and you will loose that hugely protective and irreplaceable surface coating.
    Also the original EPD coating (the e-cote primer) is unmatched by modern primers which have been weakened by regulations (in my opinion) - try and remove it and its tough as **** - Just my 2c.
    Looking forward to seeing the finished article, sure it will look stunning

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Heated windscreen picked up,cheers terrybullwon , replacement roof seals collected, good 180mile round trip!

Car goes in next Friday, hopefully 2 months later out comes a mint s2!

Leave a comment:

• willg54
    replied
    Originally posted by Theaudiman View Post
    Where's the body shop?
    Body shop is Attention to Detail in Rugby. Their work is mightly impressive, several cars in there which were/are going through complete restorations. They were very sensible on price too, having quotes up to a laughable £12k... It's going to be a full glass out and back to bare metal job. Engine etc is staying in as the engine bay is good from when I sprayed it during the rebuild. New jacking rails are getting welded on too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X