Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciaranthemurph View Post
    Cheers Andy, now sell me that IS!
    I'll check on replacement prices at the end of the year so you might not have long to wait Got some sensible driving to do in it first
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Acidburn View Post
      They didn't look to bad on my s2 (19's same as these)
      They looked alright, but I thought that 19's were just a little too big. I think that the optimum size will be 18's eventually for me. Just need to find the right wheels.

Originally posted by TimE-J View Post
      coupe looks good, I like the wheels alot!. Variant of KW's are your coilovers and how do you find them on the road?
      These are V3's and to be honest I've only driven with them for about a fortnight or thereabouts. Obviously it's all stiffened up nicely at the moment, but the ride quality is still brilliant, not jarring or coarse.

Once I get it back on it's wheels and running I'll mess about with it after a few runs up the a82 and a87 to get the settings right. I'll provide more information on what I find then.

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
      I'll check on replacement prices at the end of the year so you might not have long to wait Got some sensible driving to do in it first
      Haha, no rush, I have a couple of ideas at the moment. Away to pick up my S14 tomorrow

Comment

These are V3's and to be honest I've only driven with them for about a fortnight or thereabouts. Obviously it's all stiffened up nicely at the moment, but the ride quality is still brilliant, not jarring or coarse.

Once I get it back on it's wheels and running I'll mess about with it after a few runs up the a82 and a87 to get the settings right. I'll provide more information on what I find then.
        Curious to see what you think also re the KWs, at your convenience.

Thanks.

Comment

Whilst messing about inside it today I've found that the carpets are damp So that means that they'll be having to come out now at some point to see where the water is coming from. Could be worse, could be an avant

As you can see, there isn't much room in my garage for it, especially with the space in there already promised to another car. I think that my job for next week might be to give it a bit of a tidy up:

Taken today, with the replacement 'Daily' hovering in the background

Right, Competition Time!

Let's see who's been paying attention. What greets the driver now:

Anyone spot the differences? Answers on a postcard to the usual address...

Hint: It's really easy!

Comment

Leather door cards to match the seats? no more badge on the steering wheel? black roof trims?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
              Leather door cards to match the seats? no more badge on the steering wheel? black roof trims?
              Nearly there!

Comment

Nearly there!
                aren't those all correct guesses? you also changed the stereo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
                  aren't those all correct guesses? you also changed the stereo.
                  One more thing...

Comment

RS2 door triggers.

Comment

Lovely Recaro's
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                        RS2 door triggers.
                        That's the one!

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                        It needs a tidy up.

Hohoho, didn't even clean it to go to Grusch! Working example here! Between breakdowns and when not SORN'd!

Comment

Nice write-up Ciaran.

I used to have a cq20v in Titan. I found it looks great clean, but also not too bad when it's dirty.

I remember seeing you out on track at the Ring on that first trip. I couldn't track you down, as I was being chauffeured by a Scot in an infamous Nogaro Blue S4.

I'm a bit gutted I couldn't make it to Grüsch last year. Some great shots there to show us some of what we missed.

BTW, keep an eye on out for cracks on those purple plastic parts on the KW's. KW will kindly sell you new ones, if they break after a couple of thousand miles.
                          SS

Comment

Love the color! Grey Audi`s are jummy
                            The recaro looks exctremely comfortable
                            It deserved some other smaller wheels than the RS6`s, good job!
                            - `95 Audi S2 B4 2,2T Avant
                            - `07 Audi A6 C6 S-line Lim.
                            - `96 Audi A6 C4 2,5TDIs Quattro
                            - `93 Audi 80 TDI Avant
                            - `89 Audi Coupe 2,3E 20v quattro[/URL]
                            - `99 Audi A4 B5 1,8TS 20v quattro
                            - `92 Audi 80 B4 2,3E 10v quattro

Comment

Well it's running again. Charged the battery, changed the oil, turned it over a bit with no plugs in it, put it back together, crossed my fingers and started it up. Fired up first time

Ran it up to temperature and the fan is cutting in and out and everything seems to be as good as it was last time she was run (last August).

Changed the front offside outer CV boot today, lowered it onto it's wheels and she moved up and down the driveway for the first time this year under her own steam. Might put the coilovers onto the back tomorrow, depending on how rough I am, then it's just a matter of insuring and taxing her.

Pictures to follow!

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                              Nice write-up Ciaran.

I used to have a cq20v in Titan. I found it looks great clean, but also not too bad when it's dirty.

I remember seeing you out on track at the Ring on that first trip. I couldn't track you down, as I was being chauffeured by a Scot in an infamous Nogaro Blue S4.

I'm a bit gutted I couldn't make it to Grüsch last year. Some great shots there to show us some of what we missed.

BTW, keep an eye on out for cracks on those purple plastic parts on the KW's. KW will kindly sell you new ones, if they break after a couple of thousand miles.
                              Yeah, I remember speaking to you at ADI about the 'ring trip back in 2007. It's an addictive place, that's all that I can say, haven't been out nearly as much as I want too. Remember having a look at the Silver B5 RS4 with the TDI badges at the Altes Forsthaus that I think was out with your group, it looked pretty serious!

Thanks for the tip about the adjusters on the KWs, I'll keep an eye on them.

Originally posted by AudiRS View Post
                              Love the color! Grey Audi`s are jummy
                              The recaro looks exctremely comfortable
                              It deserved some other smaller wheels than the RS6`s, good job!
                              Thanks, I love the grey and have only seen one other coupé in this colour, would like a matching Avant though.

Comment

great news its running again well done...mine will be off the road again for another set of bloody top mounts
                                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X