RS2 Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Bumper

Finally, the first RS2 bumber has left the mould I'm still in the process of locating some mesh for the grills, and the mounting section needs to be bonded onto the rear, but all in all I'm happy with the overall quality.
    The first one has been manufactured in glass fibre for test purposes. I'm hoping the next one or two will be made from Carbon/Kevlar.
    I'll post some pics when I get it on the car...
    Attached Files
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

You are going to start selling these?

What about the attachment points? Is it a straight fit with original brackets? What about the lights, is there proper attachments for the fogs+indicators?
    -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
      You are going to start selling these?

What about the attachment points? Is it a straight fit with original brackets? What about the lights, is there proper attachments for the fogs+indicators?
      Yes, they will be for sale No idea on price until the mesh is located and the first bumper is on the car. The bumper will fit on the standard mounting points, so there will be no need to modify the existing setup. The RS2 indicators will be a straight fit, however, there should be no need for the metal brackets, as we're looking at adding a moulded section to locate them onto. The RS2 fogs will also fit. I'm saving a few quid here and opting for the ducts that replace the fogs...Thanks to Doug for supplying the originals for the mould
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Looks good
        Last edited by s2avant95M; 13 September 2004, 12:10.
        Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
        Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
        Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
        Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
        Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

Whoa! You rule man. Too bad i need the ****in` TUV...
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Looks good Steve,

keep us updated.

Marco

Comment

Fantabulous! Can we get some to the USA in carbon please!!??
              Joe "NoNonsense"
              axis motorsport
              joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Oh, BTW, nice color

Just kiddin...
                Audi Quattro WR

Comment

[QUOTE=NoNonsense]Fantabulous! Can we get some to the USA in carbon please!!??

Nonsense! Can you imagine what it cost just to send the thing over to us?! I agree it's a gorgeous piece of art but MAN! Just to ship it too us! It would cost as much as a OEM one!

Comment

Yeah please keep us posted on these, very interested in one when you get them rolling off the production line.... looking good! Any plans for a rear bumper?

Top stuff

Rosco

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
                      Nonsense! Can you imagine what it cost just to send the thing over to us?! I agree it's a gorgeous piece of art but MAN! Just to ship it too us! It would cost as much as a OEM one!
                      i've been planning to get an OEM one from vagparts for a while now, but I'm looking for other goodies to fill the box too. The same would go for this one in carbon. if the quality is top notch, i'd get one...as it is, i've already been looking into having a trunk-lid molded into carbon for my car and a carbon hood is on the way!
                      Joe "NoNonsense"
                      axis motorsport
                      joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Looks excellent steve, been a while since the idea was concived. But looks like its gonna be worth the wait

Greg
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Mmmmmm, that would look so nice on my car. Cant wait to get my hands on one of those Dont damage it mate!!

PS Bring your own bumper for driving home with, oh and my new rs2 indicators!
                          sigpic
                          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                          Audi UR Quattro
                          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Beautiful Work mate. Keep it up. Would be interesting to see how much it is!!
                            Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                            S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen
                              I paid around $280.00 us dollars for shipping a rear s2 bumper filled with 30kilos of parts to the states. I also spent around 2gs on parts.

So shipping wasn't so bad all considering.

Cheers
                              Josh
                              I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Working...
                              X