Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

audi 80 2door sedan VR632T engine + 0B4 gearbox from Poland ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interest reading.... every day; im learning some new.. nice projekt; keep on!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Crossfire View Post
      Btw. What are you planning to do with steering rack & track rods? It's rather tight with them already with the stock gearbox & engine location. If the rack is moved bacwards also, the steering geometry will change quite a lot.
      steering rack will be moved about 12-15 cm backward, so track rods must be longer and change angle
      I hope steering geometry will be good, we are going to change shape of track rods - something like S-letter shaped

right now we are finishing custom floor and gearbox mounts

it is not easy, like build car anew...

for couple days will be update with new pictures
      https://www.facebook.com/audiB2quattro

Comment

You'll get more ackerman-toe-out with moving rack backwards and thus making the steering arms longer. The shape of the arms does not affect the geometry, only the distance and position of pivot points. If you change the shape of the steering arms, make sure that they are rigid enough. If they flex in high speed corners, your car propably will be quite nasty to drive. I have also been told, that ackerman toe out is not a good thing in a circle-track driven car. The inside wheel will turn "too much" for maximum traction. Almost all the weight will be transferred to the outside wheel during cornering though, so the inner wheel does not do as much.

Comment

haven't you considered to put BMW e30 steering rack? it would help with the steering geometry a lot,w hen track rods would be attached to wheel hubs and not to the shocks...
          Xtra Racing

Comment

Any build updates on this project
            Stuart
            B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

You would be best off turning the steering arms on the struts so they face backwards. That would help with the positions of the track rods.

I have just read back through the thread but couldn't find an answer. Does this gearbox have the same bellhousing bolt pattern as an inline 5 block?

Comment

from what ive been looking at lately, yes it does, with starter in the same place

but will need trimmed to fit origional crank sensors in STD position

hope this helps
                1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
                1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
                BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

any updates?

Comment

any updates
                    1000HP RS2 SEDAN project!
                    Follow this at 07K Motorsport

-JONUS RACING-

Comment

Originally posted by helvetesmaskinen View Post
                      any updates
                      brake disc from ML 345/32,calipers touareg/cayenne 6pistons, 17 inches compomotive MO

GT 35/40 + TIAL 44 + ITG 100mm

caster / camber / pro ackerman mod ON

rear wing ZENDER

camber/caster plates

Comment

woohoo he is back!

i like this build.

is it a phaeton adapter plate you are using? i have a 0b2 box in my garage i was going to use with my 24v vr6 but my passat adaptor plate would not match up even with some modification. so i an now using an 02e

Jason.

Comment

here is a poor pic of the 0b2 and 02e sat next to each other

the 02e is light weight in comparison

Jason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswan View Post
                            woohoo he is back!
                            is it a phaeton adapter plate you are using? i have a 0b2 box in my garage i was going to use with my 24v vr6 but my passat adaptor plate would not match up even with some modification. so i an now using an 02e

Jason.
                            adapter from passat VR5 is probably the same like phaeton

connection VR6 with 0Bx gearboxes needs a lot modification (cut, weld, make new bores in adapter and gearbox bell housing), only 3 bolts match correctly, you must also make 3cm adapter to crankshaft (3 bores not match to "flywheel" from A4B8 !), use clutch and starter from A4 B8 or A5 etc

Comment

thanks, i did do some cutting

maybe i will use the ob2 later, after i have the car working

good luck with your car and keep up the updates!

Jason.

Comment

Nice! Any estimate on when the project is to be finished? :-)

What wheel Arches are those btw?

Comment

Working...
                                X