Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

audi 80 2door sedan VR632T engine + 0B4 gearbox from Poland ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
    Is that not similiar to the skyline one, but taking it off the torsen rather that a transfer box and keeping it all in the gearbox? I guess Audi could extend that forward shaft even more and get the front diff under/alongside the engine?
    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Is the bell housing the same as other Audi boxes allowing it to be bolted to 5 cylinder engines?

If it will hold the power the best thing about it are the positions of the driveshaft flanges. You could move the engine back a long way and drop it a bit and still maintain good shaft angles.

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
        Is that not similiar to the skyline one, but taking it off the torsen rather that a transfer box and keeping it all in the gearbox? I guess Audi could extend that forward shaft even more and get the front diff under/alongside the engine?
        I believe some cosworths had it there...
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

how much is a box like that ?

Comment

Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post
            Is the bell housing the same as other Audi boxes allowing it to be bolted to 5 cylinder engines?
            probably... yes but remember that You have to use dual mass flywheel and clutch from 0B4 !

I use the strongest clutch from 3.0 TDI (2x228mm clutch - I think 700 NM from 2000 rpm will be no problem) which is mounted on 10 bolts to crankshaft !

new gearboxes 0Bx series are in A4 B8 and A5 / S5... with 2.0 TDI, 2,7 TDI, 3.0 TDI and 1.8 TFSI, 2.0 TFSI , 3.0 TFSI and 3.2 VR6 FSI, 4.2 V8 FSI engines
            this engines were in A4 / S4 B7 and other cars... I do not think so that they changed so much

0B4 bell housing looks like 01A or 01E but is different..

Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post
            If it will hold the power the best thing about it are the positions of the driveshaft flanges. You could move the engine back a long way and drop it a bit and still maintain good shaft angles.
            what gives me this gearbox ?
            blue line shows end of I5 2.2T engine
            red line shows end of VR6 engine with 0B4
            on pics is VR6 with 01A - gearbox 3cm moved back from standard position

it is about 20cm better - 15 cm gives me gearbox
            2.2T block has 51cm, VR6 has 43cm + 3 cm adapter = 46, so 51-46 = another 5 cm

VR6 + 0B4 - only 50 cm from center of driveshaft flange to end of engine

https://www.facebook.com/audiB2quattro

Comment

Awesome project mate, its always good to see something different. Good luck with it & keep us posted
              2000 B5 A4 Quattro Sport ~ 2.0 20V GT30R ~ Gone
              1993 S2 ABY Coupe ~ Gone
              1989 2.2E Coupe ~ Gone

Comment

Awesome

Comment

What a great project.Thanks for putting the post up for the forum to enjoy.I take my hat of to you sir.Very talented and great work. Thanks again.

Comment

final drive ratio 084 is 3,89 (35/9) - i have bought diff from B4 coupe with 2.8 V6 AAH engine - differential bolt on to B3 subframe and has 35/9 ratio

B4 coupe CAU rear diff

polycarbonate side window with 2x3 inches NACA ducts

final position of engine

soon more pics

Comment

Love this project

Comment

725x480x40mm radiator from audi A8 4.2 V8 + 2x14 inches pusch vent.

intake manifold

custom instruments

engine finally installed

tilton pedalbox

Comment

Very nice, keep the pics coming! That 20cm less in the front will make a massive difference in handling!
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Good work mate, will be good to get my car and your car together when they are both finished
                            Audi Nut!!!

Comment

This project is made of epic win. I'd love to stuff one of those gearboxes in my 90q.

Comment

Btw. What are you planning to do with steering rack & track rods? It's rather tight with them already with the stock gearbox & engine location. If the rack is moved bacwards also, the steering geometry will change quite a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X