This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s2 xxxhp 90% ready

i want to build a car for dialy use. what you guys think? its going to be useable for every day around 2000-6000 rpm? where did i make mistake?

my mods:
    tt pistons
    factory s2 conecting rods
    rs2 injectors,ecu
    11,5mm lift camshaft
    home made EM
    s4 IM
    lancia exhaust valves
    kkk k26/27 turbo
    large cooler
    s6 6 gang trans
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Real carbon parts for S2 and RS2. Check Carbondesign on facebook

pics

Comment

I don't know - where did you make a mistake? Are the TT pistons the correct height and diameter?

Have you got any bigger pictures? It looks nice. How much hassle was it to get the inlet manifold on? Is the power steering pump sitting on under it ok? I would really appreciate some pistures/advice on getting that to fit.
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Rods could be a weak point, guess it depends what you're gonna run this at though?
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Have to agree with Martyn. Rods will limit you, especially with that inlet manifold, you wont be able to get high torque at low revs due to the rods being weak(ish)
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

try my webpage. there are better pictures.
            the power steering pump holder is not ready yet. its still a litle bit hungarian but i will make it nicer.

http://www.freeweb.hu/aronmatic2/_sgt/m1m1_1.htm

Comment

audiman

i dont want to go more than 380-400hp.
              the mtm rsr was around 425hp and used the factory pistons and conecting rods. they used rs2 injectors and k26/27

i thinking about to get a beter intake monifold,but is around 1000 euros. i am not a rich guy. but anybody has any idea for better EM,just tell me please.

i building this car alnmost a year ago. we want to do a nice clean job.

Comment

You can run massive power on stock rods, just with low torque, ie low boost until about 4.5krpm. With the short inlet system, it will want to produce lots of torque, but you wont be able to have it unless you want bent rods
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

what is the solution, if i want lots of torque on lower rpm without NOS.

what do you think about my camshaft? is it the same like rs2 just 11.5mm lifting. i fear from this.

Comment

Where is the camshaft from???

The solution for lots of low down torque is to replace the std con rods with some uprated ones. Even if you use NOS, and produce this torque, the rods may not take it.
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

my friend made.hi is an expert. hi is making camshaft for rally cars and a lots of tuned cars in hungary.

you said, the torque its up to the weight of the con rods?

Comment

Camshaft will be fine, i am using 7A cams that give about the same lift. I think. Not sure what you mean about the rods. Think the translation went wrong there. You will have to wait until its tuned to see if there is any point in changing the rods. Your turbo may not boost at low enough rpms to be a problem.
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

yes
                          the turbo. that what i waited for to say. it was my idea. i thinking to buy a much smaller rs2 turbo or anything newer design.

about rods. you said: " The solution for lots of low down torque is to replace the std con rods with some uprated ones." so. what the connection between low torque and uprated connecting rods?

sorry about my bad english knowledge. i forgat a lot. i spent 3 years in canada, but i left 4 years ago and unfortunatly i cant use english in my job.

Comment

if too much torque is generated by the engine the con rods will bend as they are not strong enough. You will need Arrows, Pauters, Carillo or something like that
                            sigpic
                            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                            Audi UR Quattro
                            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

ok. i now what you mean. i have an expensive offer from carillo its around 1000 euros.

Comment

Working...
                              X