Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAN with stock pistons and head - Max power achievable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAN with stock pistons and head - Max power achievable?

I`m wanting to find out what the max power people have seen on a AAN engine using the stock Pistons and head/valves and only changing the rods and head bolts and turbo/manifold?

Hi!

A friend of mine has an S4 from 1992 with AAN Engine with stock pistons, everything stock in the head. A Precision SC62 turbo at 2.8 bar. It gives 590 whp.

I think most people at least change the exaust camshaft to a 7A. But his head is as I said totaly stock.

Other people with 7A cams & H-beam rods as the only modification done to to the engine and bigger turbo has made more than 700 whp here in Sweden..

Comment

Even with stock headbolt 600whp is possible Audis makes quality engines

Comment

its possible to make big power with a stock head, but you'll be compensating with everything else. Head porting is a good idea if you want over 500hp.

Comment

A friend of minen have 740whp Wirth a precision 6766

Comment

Hank hit 625 awhp with stock head, stock pistons, upgraded rods. he was running e85 fuel as well, and the ringlands on the pistons broke at this power level. so i would say right around the 600whp mark is the limit in my book.

Comment

Thanks for the replies chaps,

My engine is still 100% stock and isnt fitted to my car as yet.

Definitely gonna get some rods, I reckon Scat are about the best.

will leave pistons and the head alone for now

I was thinking of getting a Garret GTX3076 turbo, Comp and Holset aren`t available in South Afirca, and I dont want to battle to get spares if needed.
              Might even consider a Turbonetics turbo..
              any ideas?

I will eventually do the entire motor, wiseco pistons, flowed head with stainless steel valves etc.

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Comment

800hp with H beam's is achievable, then the petrolblocks need's billet stuff in the bottom for the crank. The downside, I'll be some serious temp's because you'll have too boost 3bar+ on a non modified head. Also, too many "extreme" users use the 7A cam's. First they peak at 7500rpm, and they are not aggressive enough to make more power at loower boost. Get some real cam's instead, that's always a big secret, and very so it is on these 5-cyl engines.
                1000HP RS2 SEDAN project!
                Follow this at 07K Motorsport

-JONUS RACING-

Comment

Originally posted by helvetesmaskinen View Post
                  800hp with H beam's is achievable, then the petrolblocks need's billet stuff in the bottom for the crank. The downside, I'll be some serious temp's because you'll have too boost 3bar+ on a non modified head. Also, too many "extreme" users use the 7A cam's. First they peak at 7500rpm, and they are not aggressive enough to make more power at loower boost. Get some real cam's instead, that's always a big secret, and very so it is on these 5-cyl engines.

So the most restrictive part on I5´s is the head then ?
                  Do u know how much gain in flow/hp a ported head with more aggressive cams gives ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
                    Hank hit 625 awhp with stock head, stock pistons, upgraded rods. he was running e85 fuel as well, and the ringlands on the pistons broke at this power level. so i would say right around the 600whp mark is the limit in my book.
                    Pistons shouldnt come apart. Can´t be properly tuned. I hade 750 whp with stock pistons and have been running 535 whp for 3 years earlier.

Comment

Start a topic about big hp's on stock blocks and the Sweden join in... LOL
                      About billet parts for the Otto block, do you refer to the billet machined "överfall" for the crank? That at least need the block to be stripped in order to get alignment by inline honing.

Comment

Originally posted by quattro84 View Post
                        About billet parts for the Otto block, do you refer to the billet machined "överfall" for the crank? That at least need the block to be stripped in order to get alignment by inline honing.
                        Were crazy in Sweden

Yeah ure right about the bearing caps.. u can buy these ones: http://webshop.cp-service.se/sv/spec...udi-5-cyl.html

About £600 + shipping..

Comment

Originally posted by Carfreak View Post
                          So the most restrictive part on I5´s is the head then ?
                          Do u know how much gain in flow/hp a ported head with more aggressive cams gives ?
                          It's quite huge gain's, but as said, the reason is to get a wider register and more or same power with less boost. This resulting in acceptable temps. With the "svensson(swedendumbass) engines" you may get same power with big turbo's and big boost, but the engine will run too hot on a lap for example, also with less response and a not so good register.

I have a project going on, and when I'm going tp build the engine, it will be as low boost as possible with very agressive cams and high rev. Much flowprepping...

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59479

Originally posted by quattro84 View Post
                          Yes, the "överfall" was those I refered to, and on the otto block we need them after 800hp I suggest with bolt throught with a bottom solid plate (stödgördel).

Thanks for the AAT 236mm block instead
                          1000HP RS2 SEDAN project!
                          Follow this at 07K Motorsport

-JONUS RACING-

Comment

Originally posted by MrVain View Post
                            A friend of minen have 740whp Wirth a precision 6766
                            How???? - this turbo is awful for stock engine (stock displacement), even with high lift cams......
                            At what pressure is this 740hp engine? What cams?
                            800HP 800++Nm

Comment

It is not need 3 bar pressure to hit 800hp.
                              800HP 800++Nm

Comment

Working...
                              X