Biturbo's Audi S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vti2 View Post
    Put 2 V8 Torsen Diff's in it. One on tranny an One in the back and your Problems will be solved.
    Is it possible to put V8 in to the 01E? I dont think so....
    800HP 800++Nm

Comment

• Originally posted by Biturbo View Post
      It was locked,but I think first broke cv joint and then on other side diff.That day track was super sticky and I lounch from 5200rpm
      Hi,
      Is 5200 rpm lunch high/strong and is it enough? Mine is setted up then 6500....
      800HP 800++Nm

Comment

• Originally posted by |CL|NIKI View Post
        Is it possible to put V8 in to the 01E? I dont think so....
        yes, that's possible without any big problems, you need just some fantasy for it I'm talking about front diff, rear is like bolt on. I'm not sure will they last long, because in fwd 01e they are cracking at about ~400hp

Comment

• Originally posted by kamuto View Post
          yes, that's possible without any big problems, you need just some fantasy for it I'm talking about front diff, rear is like bolt on. I'm not sure will they last long, because in fwd 01e they are cracking at about ~400hp
          Front right.. The case where standard open diff belongs, must be machined to take bigger V8. But V8 torsen is not so strong like You guys think......
          800HP 800++Nm

Comment

• Originally posted by |CL|NIKI View Post
            Hi,
            Is 5200 rpm lunch high/strong and is it enough? Mine is setted up then 6500....
            Its depends where you start.Like Santa pod FIA race they put glue and its very sticky.If I start on street that would be no problem I think.I use yokohama 048m tyres (same like r888) with 15psi in it.Next year will get some proper drag slicks.

Comment

• I would be wary of fitting the V8 diffs as I remember many moons ago Tom dump the contents of his V8 diff on the 1/4 mile at bruntingthorpe launching
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Is not diff brocken,affter I have good look at diff.Onlly one side diff flange.I put from audi 200 they same and diff is good to use,but now waiting for typ85 diff to put in.

Comment

• Completely pointless to fit the V8 Torsen diffs anywhere, they can't take any serious power.
                  You will shatter it on 1st or 2nd launch.

The best in my experience for rear has been the lockable (with a button) diff, and start with it locked. That seems to hold up the best to the abuse, but if you have very sticky tires and sticky glued track, then that can have problems too.
                  http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Car ready and today have some fun testing it

Comment

• Comment

• Congrats on you PB , i think you would hit mid to low 10's easily if you can launch properly. Why don't you use LC with variable RPM launch / a few try and when you find the correct RPM you should multiple runs with very close times. - http://www.s2forum.com/forum/attachm...5&d=1319800618

Comment

• Originally posted by vcosmin View Post
                          Congrats on you PB , i think you would hit mid to low 10's easily if you can launch properly. Why don't you use LC with variable RPM launch / a few try and when you find the correct RPM you should multiple runs with very close times. - http://www.s2forum.com/forum/attachm...5&d=1319800618
                          That that I trying to do.And I'm on street tyres.Car is road legal

Comment

• So , not to much grip on VHT and Strett tyres ? i also am on street tyre :-) but no VHT

Comment

• Originally posted by vcosmin View Post
                              So , not to much grip on VHT and Strett tyres ? i also am on street tyre :-) but no VHT
                              Grip is good,but then too much is broke me rear diff flange.So this time I setting slowly little be little lifting rpm on launch control.My wish make 9s road legal car.

Comment

• start with higher tires pressures and when you have it down with launch settings bring the pressures down.
                                start at point of wheel spinning/break of traction and work downwards in boost/rpm limit. If you start at point of bogging down with LC and dropped tire pressures you are more likely to break stuff as you work up through launch power and reduce your mechanical sympathy

You will know when you have it. you'll get a howl from the tires throughout launch and it'll feel like a hurried squeeze off the line rather than a jolt and a shove if that makes sense.
                                Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Working...
                                X