S2 Lhd K27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@anton

afaik the cage of the front diff for example.

@urs4boy

hmmm... we´ve got some cars running with that cover. everything seems to work fine, at least up to that time...

and how should i change the time??

@Bram

why i´ve chosen KKK? Simple reason, because it´s in my opinion still the best. It´s completely modified. Turbine is lightened, it´s a new geometry compressor-wheel, and it produces in this car ONE Bar boost pressure at 3500rpm.
    S2 Coupe ABY
    S2 Sedan
    S6 20V Avant
    www.audis2.de

Comment

You have a very good exhaust manifold and ported head which from what it looks like it standard valves and not a huge amount of porting. So the Turbo should spool faster anyway. If the 3500rpm is on 3d gear then its similar to a 3076r on 0.63ar on a similar engine. I got the same on slightly different engine spec, just a standard SQ manifold, and close or around 500hp crank. What is the top no this turbo will produce? I doubt its 500hp from what I have seen, and this engine spec.

I could be wrong though

sent with Nokia 6210

Comment

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
          You have a very good exhaust manifold and ported head which from what it looks like it standard valves and not a huge amount of porting. So the Turbo should spool faster anyway. If the 3500rpm is on 3d gear then its similar to a 3076r on 0.63ar on a similar engine. I got the same on slightly different engine spec, just a standard SQ manifold, and close or around 500hp crank. What is the top no this turbo will produce? I doubt its 500hp from what I have seen, and this engine spec.

I could be wrong though

sent with Nokia 6210
          GT3076 is smaller... With wolfgangs turbo you can drive more boost on lower rpm (comp wheel: very good surge-line) and produce more power than GT35

Immer wieder schön die Bilder durchzuklicken

Comment

Are you sure?
            What are the compressor and turbine wheel dimensions of the k27?

There are many types of K27 apparently, but in my mind, if a kkk26/27/29 could only make little over 500hp in the people who have used it, the plain K27 would probably not make more.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though!

sent with Nokia 6210

Edit:
            According to this site:
            http://www.turbokraft.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=84&pic=1&type=jpg&osCsid=3a5b1 795615d4518b3b75ac5882805ac

The wheel diameters are smaller than the 3076

Comment

Edited away some of the message after I did some research...

----

"kkk26/27/29" is a totally unofficial designation used by hobbyists. It does not define what components are used. Also K27 is only a series designation. It does not tell what unit it is or much anything about its wheels.

Btw I think I have an idea where those exhaust manifolds are made
              Last edited by porkkis; 10 October 2012, 09:50.
              -

Comment

I really like your setup in regards to the brake setup, i read on your site it took some years to figure out which parts to use, awesome result.
                K27 is just a very common name such as Garrett's GT40, many different parts available for different applications or "verwendungen"

Comment

very nice brake setup indeed. That used to be my hobby too and find out what fits under 18" Avus mk1's

Comment

Sweet!

Loving the old-school kkk. Can you tell more specs of this item?
                    1993 S2 avant

Comment

more specs:
                      3375X compressor wheel, inlet=65mm (it`s a modern wheel, not an oldschool KKK)
                      oil/water cooled K27 core (no longer available)
                      lightened turbinewheel kontur 1
                      turbine housing = 9
                      and a classic high-pressure compressor housing (like IMSA GTO, no longer available)

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonite View Post
                        more specs:
                        3375X compressor wheel, inlet=65mm (it`s a modern wheel, not an oldschool KKK)
                        oil/water cooled K27 core (no longer available)
                        lightened turbinewheel kontur 1
                        turbine housing = 9
                        and a classic high-pressure compressor housing (like IMSA GTO, no longer available)
                        It would be nice to see some synod sheets when done, not for the power but the spool of the turbo. Sounds very interesting!

sent with Nokia 6210

Comment

Wolfgang,

Thank you for the brake photos. Your car must stop quickly !

Have you had the opportunity to drive a mate's standard braked S2, or an S2 with "just" 314mm front brakes since getting used to your car's brake set up ?

Do your front discs fit under an 18" rim, say a mk 1 S8 rim ?

Looking at the spec of your front brakes, am I correct to think that I cannot duplicate it for my ABY S2 Avant because, while I can buy all of the necessary bits, (assuming I had the money), but I will need very rare MTM/SMS/Hohenester wheel carriers ?

Do you know of a similar set up that will use the standard S2 hubs ?

I presume you mean "hubs" when you say "wheel carriers" ?

Thanks again for your time, Wolfgang.

Comment

hi,

we had been to the wörthersee gathering this year... was quite a nice trip..

sorry for the late answer..

Yes, a good friend owns a S2 with the 314mm setup in the front and with original rear brakes. This car is also good on the brake but it has no reserves.. the setup i´m running is insane concerning the reserves, the car doesn´t care if you´re braking from 250 kph or from 120kph to zero. there is neither a loud noise or a decreasing brake-force or fading or whatever. it was absolutely astonishing to me what advantage the rear brake upgrade to 312mm implied.

my front setup doesn´t fit under S8 Mk1 wheels. there are only few 18inch wheels that fit this setup. my experience: RS4 B5 / RS6 4B 18 inch S-line and OZ ultraleggera 18inch. As you can see on the picture above i´ve chosen 19inch MTM wheels for now. there is enough clearance... it looks like the brakes are to small now...

Looking at the spec of your front brakes, am I correct to think that I cannot duplicate it for my ABY S2 Avant because, while I can buy all of the necessary bits, (assuming I had the money), but I will need very rare MTM/SMS/Hohenester wheel carriers ?
                            YES. you´re correct. you´d need the wheel carriers.

Yes, i also know a similar setup with all original S2 parts. (s2 wheel hubs, s2 wheel bearing carriers) For this you can use my machined alloy brake caliper carrier. if you need some infos so let me know.

No. when i say hubs, i mean wheel hubs. The things with the 5 holes in it where you fix your wheels on. ;-)

kind regards!
                            S2 Coupe ABY
                            S2 Sedan
                            S6 20V Avant
                            www.audis2.de

Comment

Hi Wolfgang, do you have any more pics to share of your trip to Wörthersee?

Comment

i do! You wanna see them?
                                S2 Coupe ABY
                                S2 Sedan
                                S6 20V Avant
                                www.audis2.de

Comment

Working...
                                X