'quattro' swb project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'quattro' swb project

Greetings fellow Audi nuts. Congrats on a great forum. Please let me introduce myself, my name is Chris and I'm based down in Southampton.
    I bought an 1988 quattro many years ago with the intention of shortening and tweaking to some level. I popped a 'AAN' in for a bit of fun but that was as far as I got. I then however got an opportunity that I couldn't resist and the project got shelved for the foreseeable future.

Thankfully I'm now in a position to carry out the project. I'm not going to set a completion date as anyone who's ever built anything will know that they don't really happen.

I was lucky enough to find a very tidy 2 door saloon to borrow the roof off, the only issue was that it was in Northern Germany. So a road trip later and and she was in the workshop awaiting chopping.

Here are a few pics of the work so far. I apologies for the quality, they will get better. I hope you all enjoy.
    Attached Files
    www.seadub.co.uk

I'm so looking forward to watching this as I'm thinking about doing one after my ur is finished .

What colour are you going to be painting It ?

And if it gets put on the shelf again I would be interested in it if you have to let it go .

Comment

Good work! nice to see that you will have the correct front screen angle, it just doesn't look right otherwise in my book.
      Angus

(1984 ur quattro)

Comment

Great project, looking forward to watching it progress. There are a few members on here who have trodden this path before and I'm sure will be pleased to help you if required
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

excellent 1st post...these happen to be the same colour cars that i am currently shortening,keep the pics coming

Comment

Excellent project..! Go like that..!!

Comment

Thanks chaps!

JSWS3 - I'm probably going to regret it but at this stage it's going to be black. I'll see how the carbon comes out first!

cooperquattro - Ha ha, no way. What stage are you at and how's it going? What spec are you aiming for?

URquattro gus - I know what you mean. Each to his own though. There'll be a few purists out there upset that I'm doing it RHD instead of LHD but hey, I'm a shocking driver in a LHD
              www.seadub.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Seadub75 View Post
                Thanks chaps!

JSWS3 - I'm probably going to regret it but at this stage it's going to be black. I'll see how the carbon comes out first!

cooperquattro - Ha ha, no way. What stage are you at and how's it going? What spec are you aiming for?

URquattro gus - I know what you mean. Each to his own though. There'll be a few purists out there upset that I'm doing it RHD instead of LHD but hey, I'm a shocking driver in a LHD

I'm having my ur painted phantom black and it looks the biz .

Have you seen any pics of a black shorty with the right wind screen rake ?

Comment

its going to have to be straight for black,the carbon/fibre glass will show some mega ripples if not as you will probably know....mine is being chopped as we speak,long term project this time,maybe a couple of years involvement...spec will be as high as i can afford,but will follow suit of my current 500 bhp ur quattro....same here rhd for me too..
                  which kit will you be adding to the body????

Comment

Looking forward to updates on this one!!
                    www.quattro.ca
                    B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                    B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

Not too sure on the body yet. I change my mind daily! I want to do the bulk of it as I run a small marine engineering and composites company and can always lay my hands on a bit of prepreg!

I know what you mean about black though, that's kind of why I want to do it
                      www.seadub.co.uk

Comment

and why not if you have the material and skills..mine will be white ,lol,still undecided which kit,heart says s1 e2 mind thinks normal swb

i had to use a 4door roof,but hey at least it will have the correct rake
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by cooperquattro; 5 November 2012, 22:47.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperquattro View Post
                          and why not if you have the material and skills..mine will be white ,lol,still undecided which kit,heart says s1 e2 mind thinks normal swb

Not to hijack the thread but I am also in process I have a shorted 85 ur with a invertec carbon Kevlar kit, but would like the correct A pillar B and roof, how do you plan on making the 4 door work
                          RS 2 580HP

Comment

easy,a pillar is the same as 2 door,b pillar is more straight so you can use the coupe one,just cut it off and straighten it to the door frame ....you can modify the 4 door frames or get some 2 door doors......
                            to be correct all the pillars on a GENUINE swb are all different,A,B and C but as long as the rake is the same its hardly noticable

what are the ker innovatec bits like??/i heard they were poor???

Comment

Originally posted by cooperquattro View Post

I have thought of selling my sport kit, and going S1 E 2 also
                              RS 2 580HP

Comment

Working...
                              X