Audi S2 Coupé -91 - Some fix & Tuning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random pics from this weekend!

Last edited by Niklas_S2; 15 June 2014, 12:02.

Comment

After reading your spec list there is one thing I would like to say.

I am pretty sure the Bosch 1700cc injectors you want to fit are not compatible with E85.
      They are natural gas injectors, and if you leave E85 in the fuel rail and the car standing for some time, they eventually will seize one at a time. And if you do not notice this in time, you will melt your engine.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
        After reading your spec list there is one thing I would like to say.

I am pretty sure the Bosch 1700cc injectors you want to fit are not compatible with E85.
        They are natural gas injectors, and if you leave E85 in the fuel rail and the car standing for some time, they eventually will seize one at a time. And if you do not notice this in time, you will melt your engine.
        The injectors are compatible with E85 according to spec.
        But if you dismount them you will have to place them in a bath of e85 or in a bag with vacuum.

My ECU will be adjusted so that the engine will stop working if the lambda outside the limits.

Perhaps i will change them later but they will due for a startup and a little run with my original k24
        Thanks for the warning anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Niklas_S2 View Post
          The injectors are compatible with E85 according to spec.
          Out of curiosity, what is the part number on the injectors? There do not exist EV14 1700cc injectors from Bosch that are compatible with E85 as far as I know, anything bigger than about 1000cc are CNG injectors and Bosch does not recommend using them with E85.

Of course it is possible your injectors are custom modified from a smaller E85 injector.

I am saying this just in case, from experience. Plenty engines gone the way of the dodo due to this mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Niklas_S2 View Post
            My ECU will be adjusted so that the engine will stop working if the lambda outside the limits.
            Which will do absolutely nothing about this problem, unless you have a lambda on each runner.

They usually fail one at a time, so lambda might look more or less ok, because the readings are bad only on one cylinder the average that the lambda probe is seeing is still decent. And to blow the engine you only need one cylinder to be lean.

For example, 4 cylinders on 12 AFR and one cylinder on 15 AFR. The lambda will show 12.6 afr, which is only 5% difference from target. But actually one cylinder has 25% difference.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what is the part number on the injectors? There do not exist EV14 1700cc injectors from Bosch that are compatible with E85 as far as I know, anything bigger than about 1000cc are CNG injectors and Bosch does not recommend using them with E85.

Of course it is possible your injectors are custom modified from a smaller E85 injector.

I am saying this just in case, from experience. Plenty engines gone the way of the dodo due to this mistake.
              I think it is "110R-000120 NGI2"
              Okay, that i did not know! It says that they are compatible to E85 where i bought them and that they definately should not be driven on petrol 95,96 or 99 octane.

I´m thankful that you telling me this!

Comment

Which will do absolutely nothing about this problem, unless you have a lambda on each runner.

They usually fail one at a time, so lambda might look more or less ok, because the readings are bad only on one cylinder the average that the lambda probe is seeing is still decent. And to blow the engine you only need one cylinder to be lean.

For example, 4 cylinders on 12 AFR and one cylinder on 15 AFR. The lambda will show 12.6 afr, which is only 5% difference from target. But actually one cylinder has 25% difference.
                You´re right of course! But i´ve got a 2.5L dieselengine in spare, so it would be a reason to build another engine

Comment

The car was fired up 7 July and seems to run very well
                  I have done tree oilchanges in about 100kilometres, and the car is soon ready for the Swedish car-inspection

Comment

Last friday I got my new Turbo (TB60-01) from www.turbobandit.com

Welded the WG-flange (V-band) on to the exhaust manifold.

Original kkk K24 in compare.

Might turn out well!

Started to build a new downpipe...

Finished it last night. Not fully welded yet!

Comment

Your IM looks great just like a furans......make me oneI have always considered turbobanditen for my project, I will be paying attention mate

Turbo! Turbo! Turbo! Turbo!

Comment

big turbooooooo !

nice work
                        S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

Originally posted by campbellWS View Post
                          Your IM looks great just like a furans......make me oneI have always considered turbobanditen for my project, I will be paying attention mate

Turbo! Turbo! Turbo! Turbo!
                          Thanks alot
                          I have alot of friends that runs with these turbos, and they seems to be working very well!

Originally posted by geryS2 View Post
                          big turbooooooo !

nice work
                          Thanks!

Comment

Welded the pipe from the WG tonight and made new oilfeed-pipes for the turbo

Comment

Welded the downpipe and the oilfeed-lines today.

Will be wrapped with titanium heat wrap.

Quite good fit after a few adjustments

Comment

very nice downpipe
                                but I'm wondering if it was not better that you had used a flexible in the waste gate pipe?
                                on the picture is my downpipe for gt3076r
                                Attached Files
                                audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                                TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                                AEM W/M injection

Comment

Working...
                                X