No announcement yet.

S2 coupe -92 improvment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have any more pictures of the intake manifold that you made?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

seems a lot of S2 are finding there way in Sweden...

there s nothing to buy anymore in benelux and west germany... and prices to the roof !

nice car
      S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

Error404: In the weekend I´m going to work on the car, then I will take more pictures

GeryS2: Thanks
        When I bought my other one 10-12years price was not that much higher then now.

Biggest diffrence now is there are hundreds (funny fact: only 12 sold as new by Audi in Sweden)
        and alot of the ones on the market are in poor shape as previous owners didn´t actually afford or had the lack of knowledge to maintain the cars.

This I knew but I really missed having a mildly tuned one and as I had alot of spare parts I decided to give it a go on saving a well-used one

Comment

Not so pretty a close picture of 3b/AAN manifold as Error404 wanted.

And two pics of the car as is now.

Still alot of more work to be done but atleast its going the right way =)

Comment

In mid of june car passed vehicle inspection with all thumbs up from both of the inspectors exept a good to know position light.
            Me happy driving it streetlegal I couldn´t keep my hands of modify something I wanted to try for many years. A diffrent route on the intake to turbo.

And if you remove the undertray

Comment

Car is running great but nothing new actually has happend on the car since I´ve had much work on my house and other cars.
              Last edited by Sparky_s2; 17 June 2017, 16:34. Reason: Not relevant

Comment

Start of this year I rebuilt the HVAC box and switched the Heather core. So now the car is finally ready for Winter driving =)
                Everything with Air Con is deleted exept the Klima Control and the flaps.

Also I bought some 18" AEZ rims so I can run with my Lappi Winter Tyres =) But for now I run them with Conti studless.

Since I´ve been building on a track day Golf GTI mk2 I also wanted to test the Audi on the track I had to mount some Sparcos and 4point belts.

And on with racing tyres again.

Last week there was time for the yearly inspection so I put on the Oem air box and rebuilt the Engine ventilation.

Comment

Nice looking car you got there
                  Planning on racing this on Gatebil next summer?

Comment

Very clean car. Congratulations

Comment

Thanks =)

This car dont have enough power to go to Gatebil events. I have Another more extreme coupe beeing rebuilt for more crazy track Days.....
                      This one is a Diamond in the rough thats supposed to work as a dailydriver, local trackdays and drive it in the Winter on ice tracks =)

Also I sometimes build Intake manifolds and other stuff for other people and since my other coupe is anything else then Oem I felt it was
                      nice to have a more standard s2 for testing etc. etc.

Comment

Is that at the Kall track? You live nearby? Had two trackdays there, short, but great track for roadgoing cars
                        Last edited by vism; 25 November 2015, 14:41.
                        '91 Audi S2 Coupe
                        '85 Audi 80

Comment

Originally posted by vism View Post
                          Is that at the Kall track? You live nearby? Had two trackdays there, short, but great track for roadgoing cars
                          Yeah it´s Molanda Raceway. 20km from home.
                          Also only driven there 2 times. First on with my works Mk2 Gti and second with the Audi.

If your on Facebook please join åredalens motorsportklubb and I hope you want the visit us on some trackdays next year

Comment

Did some more testing at the local track today =)
                            The car definitely need bigger brakes, new set of tires and those air ducting plastic stuff in place for the radiator.

Comment

Long time since last post..
                              Did Rs2 front brake conversion. Yokohama ad08r semi slicks. Also rerouted pressure pipe from intercooler to throttlebody to open
                              up in front of the watercooler.

Did another 250-300km on the track. Happy with the brakes and alot better water temps =)
                              Not happy with the understeer and front left balljoint getting loose because not mounted with oem press fit bolts...

Put on a Whiteline RARB and a new set of Nankang Ns2-r tires.
                              Better handling but still problem with the wrong fitment of the left balljoint. So now I have searched this site about the problem with the oem
                              bolts for cast iron wishbone beeing NLA and there is an alternative way. So now I´ve ordered these bolts from Germany =)

In nice Company at last trackday

Comment

Working...
                              X